AP Machines

laip51

I need to buy a couple of 4 or 5 wide snack machines. Pickings not too good around here. There are ads for AP 4000 and 5000 machines.  I would appreciate general opinions on the merits or demerits of these or other APs.

4000s and 5000s are the oldest glassfronts from AP and while they are quite serviceable the 7000/6000 and newer machines (110s and 120s) are much better with each series, but could also be harder to find. Usually they are lots of 7000/6000 around but maybe not in your area. They are very plentiful here but that probably doesn't help you much.

If all you can find are the 4000/5000 then that's what you'll have to use. They don't have any bells and whistles but they will work well if in good condition when you get them. If they are validated then those will all be using aftermarket kits since no validators were ever factory installed in that series of machine. You will want to upgrade any metal validators to late models and perhaps paint them and refront them. Luckily there is still a lot of parts available for them.

I need to buy a couple of 4 or 5 wide snack machines. Pickings not too good around here. There are ads for AP 4000 and 5000 machines.  I would appreciate general opinions on the merits or demerits of these or other APs.

I'd hold out for at least the AP7600 series - the 4 wide is a 6600, don't buy the shallow one.  Most of us are phasing out the 4000 and 5000 machines due to extreme age which is why you may see those for sale.

OK Moon...good tip and will pass on the 4000 and 5000. Houston is about 350 miles and there is more of a supply there. I will just have to suffer the ride unless the shipping is not too steep. I haven't tried buying anything there yet.. I do have a small trailer that can hold two machines. I recently bought a Vendo deck from California and the freight was only $45, so maybe shipping would still be economical. I just haven't had experience with such.

When I'm buying machines I try to imagine owning them 5 years from now. I wouldn't be feeling the 4000/5000. I'm even phasing out 6000/7000-although they're good workhorse. I've been scooping up AP 113 and LCM 2 for around $500 And then throw a mars validator on them. I might also add that when you get a chance to buy a machine (even though you don't need it) grab because as soon as the deal is gone you'll need it.

7600's are still good and will be for years to come, otherwise VEII wouldn't be spending money or Rand D for new upgrades for these

They are good workhorses. They're hard to kill- I have 4 left. I Just got rid of one that looked like it fell off the back of my truck and it still worked fine.

When I'm buying machines I try to imagine owning them 5 years from now. I wouldn't be feeling the 4000/5000. I'm even phasing out 6000/7000-although they're good workhorse. I've been scooping up AP 113 and LCM 2 for around $500 And then throw a mars validator on them. I might also add that when you get a chance to buy a machine (even though you don't need it) grab because as soon as the deal is gone you'll need it.

I don't see nearly as many 113's as AP7600s out there.  I think AP must have made about a billion of them - definitely the Model A of vending,

I don't see nearly as many 113's as AP7600s out there.  I think AP must have made about a billion of them - definitely the Model A of vending,

along with the single price dixies, Eseries, and Royal G3... couple mil dixies, and probably a million royals

While I can't give you the exact numbers I can tell you that there were more 113's built than the 7600's.

Archived