Testing, Repairing, programming coin mechs and bill validators Portland, Oregon

VPDXNW

Hi all,

I'm relatively new to this forum and fairly new to the vending business, having bought an existing company a little over a year and a half ago.  In the process I have acquired quite a few coin mechanisms and bill validators. Some work, some don't, some need minor repairs, some I have no idea.  I really don't have time to test all of them in machines.  I would probably want to sell some of them, but I don't know if they work or not.

What I really need is someone to test all of this inventory and label which ones work and which ones don't.  If this person could repair the ones that can be repaired cheaply, that would be great also.  I'd prefer to get rid of many of these to generate some cash to upqrade a couple of my snack machines.

I've got conlux, coinco, mei, volcom, quantum 700 and several others that I am trying to figure out what do to with.

There is quite a bit of money tied up here that I'd like to invest elsewhere.  Having a local full service vending location go through these and test and repair them would be far too expensive.  Is there any one in the Portland area who is semi-retired, or has the time or interest to test, repair, or reprogram these?  Or, is there a testing mechanism that is available so I can at least check if they are working or not?  It seems impractical to have to check each one in a working vending machine!

Please offer any opinions and/or advice here!  I'd appreciate that very much, thanks! Rob

It's always good to have about 5 good working spares of each type of mech and bill acceptor. I would send some out to be repaired. If there's nothing wrong with them at least they'll get taken apart and cleaned.

Hi all,

I'm relatively new to this forum and fairly new to the vending business, having bought an existing company a little over a year and a half ago.  In the process I have acquired quite a few coin mechanisms and bill validators. Some work, some don't, some need minor repairs, some I have no idea.  I really don't have time to test all of them in machines.  I would probably want to sell some of them, but I don't know if they work or not.

What I really need is someone to test all of this inventory and label which ones work and which ones don't.  If this person could repair the ones that can be repaired cheaply, that would be great also.  I'd prefer to get rid of many of these to generate some cash to upqrade a couple of my snack machines.

I've got conlux, coinco, mei, volcom, quantum 700 and several others that I am trying to figure out what do to with.

There is quite a bit of money tied up here that I'd like to invest elsewhere.  Having a local full service vending location go through these and test and repair them would be far too expensive.  Is there any one in the Portland area who is semi-retired, or has the time or interest to test, repair, or reprogram these?  Or, is there a testing mechanism that is available so I can at least check if they are working or not?  It seems impractical to have to check each one in a working vending machine!

Please offer any opinions and/or advice here!  I'd appreciate that very much, thanks! Rob

Welcome to the forum, Rob. You have to understand that you're in a business that has expenses and you have to spend money to make money. If you aren't prepared for expenses such as coin mech and validator repairs then you're in for a long haul to profitability. There's a lot more to just plugging a mech or validator in and pronouncing it good. That's how cheap parts are sold on fleabay and yours need to work better. There can always be underlying weaknesses in these devices that will only show up under the stress of actual field use or significant bench testing. You don't want to plug one in and see that it accepts coins or bills and just assume it's good, only to put it in a machine and find out it fails to work properly. Additionally there are always reasons why extra parts are included with a route and you can expect that there is a problem with every extra part like these. There are also certain models that you don't want to put any money into such as the Mars VFMs, CBAs, Ardacs and Maka validators - all metal dinosaurs. Older Mars 5000 series coin mech fall into this category too.

If you'd like a professional testing and refurbishing of your units you can PM me as I can do that for you at reasonable prices. Not flea bay prices, but reasonable prices for refurbished units. You'll be money ahead to get this work done right the first time.

Archived