Gumball Machines

verdigirl

Hi,

So, I may be purchasing some Oak single head gumball machines from a local seller.  I have perused the forum and not found alot on single heads and beginning a route like this (although I'm sure I'm missed a lot of info!)   My questions:

- Just sell gum out of them or sell something else?

- Place two in one location with two different products?

- What can I expect (on average) for them to bring in?

- Worth getting in to? (I also have a mint honor box route)

- The machines are $38. each and are Oak.

- Single heads better than triple vend bulks?

- Anything else I haven't considered?

Thanks!

I bought 10 Oak's for about the same price. I had to change out the wheel in them though. The guy had them set with 2 for .25 wheels. I bought some candy wheels and single gumball wheels.

Got 1 with the candy wheel vending mint chicle gum in a bar. (not doing too hot)

Got 1 with gumballs in my friends restaurant pulled about $10 in 3 weeks.

Got 2 we just placed with Bouncy Balls in 1 using a gumball wheel and Icky Sticky's in 1" caps using the gumball wheel in it also. The location demanded no candy or gum.

Looking for places to put the other 6. Gumballs seems to be a big hit and the profit on a box is not too shabby. $212.25 from a box from Sams Club.

I've got a Vendstar in my friends restuarnt also that has paid very well for me over the last 2 months. Average $50-$60 from it. Im running Reeces, Peanut M&M's & Skittles. Skittles is a huge seller. You could do a Oak with a candy wheel and skittles and probably do quite well too. I vend about 8-10 pieces per .25

Hi,

So, I may be purchasing some Oak single head gumball machines from a local seller.  I have perused the forum and not found alot on single heads and beginning a route like this (although I'm sure I'm missed a lot of info!)   My questions:

- Just sell gum out of them or sell something else?

- Place two in one location with two different products?

- What can I expect (on average) for them to bring in?

- Worth getting in to? (I also have a mint honor box route)

- The machines are $38. each and are Oak.

- Single heads better than triple vend bulks?

- Anything else I haven't considered?

Thanks!

I bought 10 Oak's for about the same price. I had to change out the wheel in them though. The guy had them set with 2 for .25 wheels. I bought some candy wheels and single gumball wheels.

Got 1 with the candy wheel vending mint chicle gum in a bar. (not doing too hot)

Got 1 with gumballs in my friends restaurant pulled about $10 in 3 weeks.

Got 2 we just placed with Bouncy Balls in 1 using a gumball wheel and Icky Sticky's in 1" caps using the gumball wheel in it also. The location demanded no candy or gum.

Looking for places to put the other 6. Gumballs seems to be a big hit and the profit on a box is not too shabby. $212.25 from a box from Sams Club.

I've got a Vendstar in my friends restuarnt also that has paid very well for me over the last 2 months. Average $50-$60 from it. Im running Reeces, Peanut M&M's & Skittles. Skittles is a huge seller. You could do a Oak with a candy wheel and skittles and probably do quite well too. I vend about 8-10 pieces per .25

Thanks for the reply!  Where did you get the wheels and how much are they?  Do you have an idea of what the average is on gumballs monthly?  

She forgot to say that she is getting the stand with it, no shipping cost.

Also, I would leave the gumball wheels in then make your money back with in 3-6 months. Then many years of profit!

Archived