Coin mechs not refilling?

I did a quick search and couldn't find any specific info on this. What causes mechs to not refill themselves ...instead they allow the coin to drop into the coin box and then slowly run low on coin. Can anyone help? Thanks.

I did a quick search and couldn't find any specific info on this. What causes mechs to not refill themselves ...instead they allow the coin to drop into the coin box and then slowly run low on coin. Can anyone help? Thanks.

There are three sensors in each tube, the middle one turns on the refill so when the coins drop below that point the mech should start refilling itself until the coins reach the top sensor.  As these sensors are nothing that can be field repaired, it's probably time for a swap out.

Thanks moondog. Any use trying to clean the sensors? I'm more likely to keep refilling the tubes than spend $90+ .....I have this issue on numerous machines but never run completely out because I service them all frequently.

You would have to tear the mech down to get to the sensors and then it's difficult to clean them, not to mention that there is usually an underlying problem causing it to happen. If this is happening to the nickle tube you run the risk of disabling the validator with low coins. If it's a dime or quarter tube a low tube causes the other tubes to empty. You should be proactive and repair the mechs so you are't embarassed when your machine won't take bills.

You can PM me if you need any repaired.

Thanks for the advice on the mech issues.  Part of my issue too is that most of my locations have a very high dollar bill usage, not much coin is actually used, so I know that causes the mechs to run low quickly too.

AZ - what do you charge to repair?  I've been using "Phoenix Vending" for a couple of years ... pretty reliable and quick but seems expensive.

What type coin mechs are they? Have you checked out the acceptor for any stuck coins? Occassionally I find coins jammedin the acceptor which causes the coins to go to the cash box. Power down machine, remove the acceptor, turn it over and shake slightly. Do you hear any coins inside? May be the easy fix.

Thanks moondog. Any use trying to clean the sensors? I'm more likely to keep refilling the tubes than spend $90+ .....I have this issue on numerous machines but never run completely out because I service them all frequently.

I too top my mechs off at each service cycle - for me it's more a matter of keeping an accurate sales amount for each machine.  I do find it annoying standing there filling each coin tube every time but mine never get less than half full.  I think if I were filling more than that I'd replace the coin mech and save some time.

Archived