Ramen noodles anyone?

Has anyone tried ramen in a break room environment? Do you bring bowls and things or leave it to them? My target audience is mostly teenagers, they get 15 minute breaks.

I do pretty goods with the Cup O' Noodles - you just need the 6 pitch coils for the pastry shelf and a microwave handy.  I pay about 25 cents for them and sell them at 75 cents.  People seem to have their own spoons in my locations.

I have a rowe 4900. Do those coils work on one of these?

Mine are all AP7600 coils - these won't work in a Rowe.  PM AZ, if they exist he'll have some.  You only need one. I also tried the Ramen packs but they didn't do as well - not as convenient as the cups.

I have also thought about doing Ramen Noodles but I forgot to try it out.

Moondog what do you mean by 6 pitch coils?

You mean less coils so there's more room between each coil for extra space?

I can see the cup of noodles working better then the Top Ramen that makes sense.

Do you guys try any other dry type snacks/meals like popcorn?

How does popcorn do?

I have tried it before but I didn't sell much but then again it's been a long time.

How about pop tarts?

I feel like there's not much of a market for vending when it comes to these less popular items.  

I can see the cup of noodles working better then the Top Ramen that makes sense.

How does popcorn do?

I have tried it before but I didn't sell much but then again it's been a long time.

How about pop tarts?

I feel like there's not much of a market for vending when it comes to these less popular items.  

Popcorn and Pop Tarts were both duds for me.  The pitch count is the number of slots in your coils.

Moondog, where do you get CoN for 25 cents?

I sell a lot of strawberry Pop Tarts but not much microwave popcorn. "Smart Popcorn" in 1 oz bags sells well everywhere for me.

If I can find cheap Cup of Noodles, I could definitely sell it at one specific location but I'll need a 6 pitch 7600 coil ...any sellers?

Moondog, where do you get CoN for 25 cents?

I sell a lot of strawberry Pop Tarts but not much microwave popcorn. "Smart Popcorn" in 1 oz bags sells well everywhere for me.

If I can find cheap Cup of Noodles, I could definitely sell it at one specific location but I'll need a 6 pitch 7600 coil ...any sellers?

Costco or Sam's by the case

Okay, I do all of my snack shopping at Sam's ... somehow I've never seen these.  They have RAMEN noodles.  I'll check again.  I have found that each Sam's Club carries some unique stuff.  There are multiple Sam's in RDU and I can different stuff at each ... kinda bugs me but at least I have the flexibility.

Speaking of different Sam's, does anyone have experience with BJ's wholesale?

How do they compare to Sam's Club as far as for vending supplies?

I still have yet to try Costco as well.

I have only tried Sam's Club so far because the others are further away.

Sorry don't mean to get off topic but I am curious.

Speaking of different Sam's, does anyone have experience with BJ's wholesale?

How do they compare to Sam's Club as far as for vending supplies?

I still have yet to try Costco as well.

I have only tried Sam's Club so far because the others are further away.

Sorry don't mean to get off topic but I am curious.

Costco is only good for sodas and the occasional candy sale.  Their snacks selection sucks.

How does popcorn do?

How about pop tarts?

I go through about 50 pop tarts a week.  The brown sugar ones sell real good.  I ordered a case of Smores Pop Tarts and put them out last week-curious to see how they do.  Pop corn is a hit or miss.  The Smart Pop of Skinny Pop is good, especially in non factory settings.  I also like the Grandma cookies.  

Okay, I do all of my snack shopping at Sam's ... somehow I've never seen these.  They have RAMEN noodles.  I'll check again.  I have found that each Sam's Club carries some unique stuff.  There are multiple Sam's in RDU and I can different stuff at each ... kinda bugs me but at least I have the flexibility.

You probably won't find them in the area with all the snacks, but on one of the main aisles with other pasta products.  At costco I get them at about $.25 each and sell them for $1.  In my opinon, since you can only sell six per slot, the markup needs to be greater given how much "shelf space" you are giving up versus a 10 or 12 count coil.  Put them in on their side, alternating the fat top end every spot.

Archived