Solutions for stopping snack machine shaking....

Thanks. Ironic, my first thought was loading down the interior base with bagged sand. It's only happened one time in the first 3 weeks and I'm not sure whether it's emps or customers ..the machine is right beside 2 drink machines in the wide open, I'm AMAZED that anyone has the balls to shake/tip it given the location -- and it makes me wonder if it's employees due to that fact.

Sometimes shaking is done to get free product but I usually see it done because products are sticking. Make sure you have "pushers" on your spirals and test vend all your product to make sure its dropping correctly. My biggest offenders are Funyons and Reese's.

Yeah I have "pushers" on every single product.  I just talked to the biz owner, he's pretty sure it's one specific employee that did it yesterday.  I'm gonna put warning stickers on the machine and a few 50 lb bags of sand and then give it some more time, see how it goes.  It's weird, only two items "looked" like the machine had been shaken, the rest looked okay.

Yeah I have "pushers" on every single product.  I just talked to the biz owner, he's pretty sure it's one specific employee that did it yesterday.  I'm gonna put warning stickers on the machine and a few 50 lb bags of sand and then give it some more time, see how it goes.  It's weird, only two items "looked" like the machine had been shaken, the rest looked okay.

I have a Zetta video camera that is motion activated.  It's battery operated and I mount it underneath the top shelf.  This works well if the management gives a crap, if they don't then your only option is to shut it down. There's no way you can succeed in a thug account.

We have used the brackets that AP supplies to mount machines to the wall. If that is a single machine that is, if it is an account with more than one machine, you can bolt them together to make it harder to shake. If management does not care about the abuse, it will be tough to stop.

Thanks. Ironic, my first thought was loading down the interior base with bagged sand. It's only happened one time in the first 3 weeks and I'm not sure whether it's emps or customers ..the machine is right beside 2 drink machines in the wide open, I'm AMAZED that anyone has the balls to shake/tip it given the location -- and it makes me wonder if it's employees due to that fact.

Balls?  Your dealing with an imbecile here who will obviously go to great effort to steal 75 cents to a dollar 

The sand is the cheapest, easiest option - figure about twenty bucks worth of construction sand and double bag it with trash bags in case you spring a leak.

If you can locate the snack between the two soda machines then you can screw straps across both edges of the snack into the sodas to hold the snack in place.  Of course, only if the two soda machines are yours.

Archived