Gatoraid

FrCorey

I see sams club has those gatoraid machines again.

3500.00 and they give you 1500.00 in product. nice

watch it only take one size bottle thou

From what I have seen, there are a few catches with this.  First of all, the $1500 should be the retail value.  Last I checked, it was based off of something like $1.50/bottle... so $1500 = 1000 bottles or roughly 36 cases ( I think they come in 28 packs).  Also, you have to order all of it within a certain time period... like 6 months.  Assuming you bought all 36 cases now, you would need to sell all 36 cases within maybe 10 months... so you need to sell almost 4 cases per month.  This is definitely possible, but probably not out of a combo machine (which is where the deal normally comes from).  Furthermore, at $1.50, your sales might not be great.  Selling the bottles for $1 would probably enable you to sell it a lot faster and prevent expired product, but now you've potentially reduced your "$1500 in free product" down to $1,000 in free product.

In the end, it's not a bad deal IF you can go through ALL of that gatorade within a reasonable timeframe but I have never found myself wanting to buy one of those machines simply to get free gatorade.  I probably sell 3 cases of gatorade a year.  I actually get it at grocery stores in 8-packs because buying it by the case is generally not a good idea.

From what I have seen, there are a few catches with this.  First of all, the $1500 should be the retail value.  Last I checked, it was based off of something like $1.50/bottle... so $1500 = 1000 bottles or roughly 36 cases ( I think they come in 28 packs).  Also, you have to order all of it within a certain time period... like 6 months.  Assuming you bought all 36 cases now, you would need to sell all 36 cases within maybe 10 months... so you need to sell almost 4 cases per month.  This is definitely possible, but probably not out of a combo machine (which is where the deal normally comes from).  Furthermore, at $1.50, your sales might not be great.  Selling the bottles for $1 would probably enable you to sell it a lot faster and prevent expired product, but now you've potentially reduced your "$1500 in free product" down to $1,000 in free product.

In the end, it's not a bad deal IF you can go through ALL of that gatorade within a reasonable timeframe but I have never found myself wanting to buy one of those machines simply to get free gatorade.  I probably sell 3 cases of gatorade a year.  I actually get it at grocery stores in 8-packs because buying it by the case is generally not a good idea.

Yep, I have the same problem with Gatorade - not a real hot seller.

I have gatorade in 3 gym/ crossfit places . per month I would say I sell 10-15 per location. One of the better sellers.

Geez   I'd hate to know what your worst sellers are  ;D  ;D  ;D

I have a construction warehouse location that's not climate controlled  With 50-60 employees during the summer, its one of my best sellers.

I can sell 2 cases/month of the lime flavor.

Does anyone know which flavor out of red, orange and lime typically sells the best?

I am going to put in the other 2 as well to see how the others do there.  

Eatmorejunk, you can increase your price to $1.50 now, $1.25 was good around 2010.

Hustlin, did you mean 10-15 bottles or cases?  I guess you mean cases?

I have a construction warehouse location that's not climate controlled With 50-60 employees during the summer, its one of my best sellers.

I can sell 2 cases/month of the lime flavor.

Does anyone know which flavor out of red, orange and lime typically sells the best?

I am going to put in the other 2 as well to see how the others do there.

Eatmorejunk, you can increase your price to $1.50 now, $1.25 was good around 2010.

Hustlin, did you mean 10-15 bottles or cases? I guess you mean cases?

Red sells the best for me. Blue is a good seller, yellow next and orange NEVER sells (at least in my experience)

Thanks Golfdogs and cvending

Haha orange yeah comes last

Actually I personally think orange tastes the best but o well.

Yeah I will have to try the blue ones next.

As far as the OP's original post, I honestly don't think it's that great of a deal.

Very few accounts can provide high enough sales to have special select machines in there such as Red Bull and Gatorade machines.

I personally would not put anything in these machines anyways other then what's on the display.

I see Red Bull machines being sold cheap all the time.

I see coke in Pepsi branded machines Pepsi in Gatorade machines etc all the time

I bought an account once with a Pepsi machine but no Pepsi in it.  I later added the Pepsi and it's one of the best sellers there.  You never know until you try.

Selling different products in a branded machine is alright.

What I don't like is when there are machines such as Snapple and there's not a single Snapple in it.

I just feel like its misadvertising.

Someone might see the machine and say "hey I definitely want a Snapple", but if it's not in there then that person was just fooled into going to the machine.  

I don't know it's probably not a big deal, but I personally can care less for buying these machines.  

• 3 weeks later...

Gatorade outsells Powerade for us too. We keep blue and red in stock. Have grape, lemon lime and orange specially for a couple of accounts. But overall its one of the slowest selling drinks we have

Archived