U Turn Coin Mech

Mary

I have a question about the U turn coin mech. I bought 50+ machines back in September on a route. I am finding the the spring wire in the upper left hand corner to keep people from putting slugs in it is bending backwards. After that happens you can't use the coin mech until I come and replace it. I have had at least 5 of these being affected. Is there something I can do to prevent this?

That's because people are sticking objects other than quarters in there, or the person that had them before adjusted the spring down to far and has to much pressure causing it to snag. 

Make sure the point where it makes contact with the quarter is rounded slightly and not digging in with the point of the spring. This can be done by using a small pair of pliers on the tip.

This is one of the problems with the new mechs. You can only go so cheap before it back fires. you won't have that problem with your gumball machines!

I took my Uturns out of high volume locations and put in racks with Oaks and haven't had a problem yet! I also know that your working with what you have! I'm doing the same!

Hi Mary,

I've had some of the same issues. What I did is I purchased a bunch of new spring from U-Turn and I change them as needed. They don't cost very much and you are never going to bend the old ones back to the way that they should be. 

I hope this helps,

Bob

Thank you Rodney and Bob. I am going to get my husband to call U turn and see if I can get some more springs and also see if I can adjust the tip of the spring. Rodney I am finishing up the last stand this week and will order my stickers so I will probably be good to go toward the end of next week. I will let you know when,

Archived