CB700 problem

Hey everyone...

I just discovered this forum and I hope there is a wealth of knowledge that can help me solve this problem...

I have a CB700/3151 that's been giving me fits.  It will either double vend and the product will show as "sold out" afterwards or vend nothing at all and take people's money  At first I thought it was the drop sensor, but I replaced that and there's been no improvement.  Now I'm thinking control board.  The drop sensor adjustment screw is so sensitive that turning between 1 and 2 o'clock will send it one way or the other.  Also, the sensor light on the board has to be rapidly blinking or it will double vend...if it blinks too much, it rips people off...from what I've read this light should never blink unless the vended product triggers the sensor, but that doesn't work for me.  Plus there's been other sporadic issues like some of the buttons occasionally won't work or it will vend selections that people won't pick...again very sporadic.  A power surge to the building awhile back fried a switch in the compressor and I think it may also have damaged the board.  I'd like to replace the board but according to USI they don't offer an advance replacement option...you have to send in your board and have it reworked and I just can't afford to have this machine down for any length of time...it does a huge volume and the clientele is very demanding.  I previously tried to replace the board with a Merlin IV board and change the chips out with my board (as per my repairman's suggestion after speaking to a parts supplier) but this wouldn't work.  These boards also seem to be hard to find online.

I'm wondering if anyone has a CB 700 board or knows where I could get one.  Or if anyone has any other suggestions I'm open to anything.  Thanks for the help

From all the symptoms you describe your problem is definitely a bad logic board.  While the board in this machine and some later Royal machines were all made by Coinco (no support from them), there are differences between them, programming wise.  If you'll PM me I can get a rebuilt board sent to you. 

Thanks AZ vendor.  I tried to PM you but it says you can't receive any new messages.  Can you message me or give me an alternate way to contact you?

If only I had a dollar for every time I read this same message on this forum.  I would be able to afford lunch at Panera Bread for at least 3 days in a row.

Thanks AZ vendor.  I tried to PM you but it says you can't receive any new messages.  Can you message me or give me an alternate way to contact you?

You can go ahead and PM me now.

Archived