Newbe with some question

Hello,

Newbie here..

Trust me I'm doing my own research and will continue to do so, not being lazy to get all the answers the first day i joined, maybe one day I will able to repay the community by helping fellow vendors.

So basically, I'm looking to purchase a few machines and I found a few online for sale some from individuals, some were companies selling the Vending and the location as a package..

Some seem very attractive as they will pay off within a year give or take..

So, the vending business for sale posted online do they make sense to purchase 1 or 2 or mostly are the unwanted location that don't make any money ??

Is there any way to verify their claim of how much they make without standing to the location and counting coins :).. ??

Is it better to buy from the companies that sell the machines and the locations which claim they have high traffic..??

Is it better to buy your own machines and work with a vending locator instead ?

What should i be careful before I make any move and avoid being scammed ? I'm aware of the "if its too good to be true, its probably not true."

So if someone can add his/her 2c will greatly appreciated.

Your better of by buying a few drink machines only.

See if you even like it first.

Then start buying locations that also have snack machines but your total snack sales should be at least $400 from your locations so your products don't expire so quick.

Try to buy routes from people who actually do vending and know what their talking about.

If you ask them questions and their thinking too much about it, it means they don't know the business well and aren't real vendors.

Check for their product expiration dates and especially diet drinks expiration dates.

Been there done all that :)

Hello,

Newbie here..

Trust me I'm doing my own research and will continue to do so, not being lazy to get all the answers the first day i joined, maybe one day I will able to repay the community by helping fellow vendors.

So basically, I'm looking to purchase a few machines and I found a few online for sale some from individuals, some were companies selling the Vending and the location as a package..

Some seem very attractive as they will pay off within a year give or take..

So, the vending business for sale posted online do they make sense to purchase 1 or 2 or mostly are the unwanted location that don't make any money ??

Is there any way to verify their claim of how much they make without standing to the location and counting coins :).. ??

Is it better to buy from the companies that sell the machines and the locations which claim they have high traffic..??

Is it better to buy your own machines and work with a vending locator instead ?

What should i be careful before I make any move and avoid being scammed ? I'm aware of the "if its too good to be true, its probably not true."

So if someone can add his/her 2c will greatly appreciated.

Your quickest way into this business is to buy an existing route.  Unfortunately it's also your quickest way out if you spend all your money on a bunch of dregs.  Most active vendors don't sell their premium accounts unless they're retiring or consolidating geographically.  Buying locations requires a great deal of patience and you should be prepared to look at many locations before settling on one.  When you find one that looks promising run it by us - there's just too many variables to list in this post.

vendman0729 & moondog,

Thanks for your comments, i really appreciate it..

So, what I'm gathering is that the Combos are a NO NO, the best bet is a Soda machine..

I've also spoken to a few machine seller and they sell the combo machine + location between 3-4K with 75-100 employees, but I'm glad I found this forum and being more cautious now before I jump the gun..

Archived