Buying a machine and location

Hi all,

Is a location that grosses 70 to 80 a week a good way to start for a newbies?

I'd like to get my feet wet, but at the same time i dont want it to be an expense.

The place is car part store.

Thanks

Hi all,

Is a location that grosses 70 to 80 a week a good way to start for a newbies?

I'd like to get my feet wet, but at the same time i dont want it to be an expense.

The place is car part store.

Thanks

If it'a a soda machine only, then I'd say go for it - that's easy money.  If they want a snack machine, then pass.  Retail stores are usually not your best locations

Hi Moondog!

Thanks for the feedback..

Its actually a combo machine and cost a bit over 2K to purchase for the machine and the locations. So it sells both the sodas and snacks..

If it'a a soda machine only, then I'd say go for it - that's easy money.  If they want a snack machine, then pass.  Retail stores are usually not your best locations

Yes exactly like moondog said. 

Get it only if its a drink machine.

If its a drink and a snack, your snack machine would only do around $120/month, which means there will be a good chance of products expiring.

Don't pay more then 8 or 9 months gross sales max unless its a like new machine.

Then otherwise pay for what you think the machine is worth.

That is, if it's a drink machine only.

In hopes that this post will show up this time..

Sorry that i failed to mention was that the machine costs just a bit over 2K and it gross about 80 a week according to the seller..

Thanks again you 2...

I asked the seller is the place requires a combo and his respose was no, but it wont make much money.. I was thinking of removing the combo machine and replacing it with a soda as you suggested, not sure what todo with the snack combo though..

I asked the seller is the place requires a combo and his respose was no, but it wont make much money.. I was thinking of removing the combo machine and replacing it with a soda as you suggested, not sure what todo with the snack combo though..

You'd better get us the make and model of that combo machine.  A few of them are worth two grand but most of the ones out there are Chinese junk.  I would never recommend that you buy or establish a combo only account.  They seldom make much money and require extra servicing compared to the single soda machine we were talking about.  In a smaller location, a good sized soda machine will hold enough product to do $200 in sales easily before it needs servicing whereas a combo in the same location would need to be serviced twice to do that much business.

You'd better get us the make and model of that combo machine.  A few of them are worth two grand but most of the ones out there are Chinese junk.  I would never recommend that you buy or establish a combo only account.  They seldom make much money and require extra servicing compared to the single soda machine we were talking about.  In a smaller location, a good sized soda machine will hold enough product to do $200 in sales easily before it needs servicing whereas a combo in the same location would need to be serviced twice to do that much business.

Mostlikely this guy bought the machine from one of the "Cash cow" listing of Craigslist..

This is the machine.

I'm not yet allowed to add images, here is the link

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6u5_PQ5F4A7eXA1MEVfSTBzYTA/view?usp=sharing

cheap china golpher

worth 1k at the most with the location(250/month 3 months = 750 dollars plus negligible machine value (50 dollars scrap) = 800 dollars)

Holy cow, good to know,, before i found this forum i offered this guy $1500, but he refused it.. Knowledge is power!!

Thanks, I'm moving on this deal that's for sure..

That was the conservative formula though...if you live in a ruralish area and good accounts are hard to come by then I'd say go for it...or try getting the location without a machine and put a soda only machine in.

That was the conservative formula though...if you live in a ruralish area and good accounts are hard to come by then I'd say go for it...or try getting the location without a machine and put a soda only machine in.

The thing is that this town is 50+ miles away, and I don't even know the machine make that amount that's what the sellers claims, that has to be checked as well.

I'm going to see if i can secure some local shops in my area and simply place soda machines, at least i don't have to do the 100 miles back and forth trip..

The thing is that this town is 50+ miles away, and I don't even know the machine make that amount that's what the sellers claims, that has to be checked as well.

I'm going to see if i can secure some local shops in my area and simply place soda machines, at least i don't have to do the 100 miles back and forth trip..

Man, you do want this machine or this account.  Get yourself a nice clean soda machine and stick it in an auto body shop.  If it turns out to a big hit, then great.  Otherwise you can load it up and service it about when it hits the $200 mark - this is easy money for a reasonable investment.

Man, you do want this machine or this account.  Get yourself a nice clean soda machine and stick it in an auto body shop.  If it turns out to a big hit, then great.  Otherwise you can load it up and service it about when it hits the $200 mark - this is easy money for a reasonable investment.

Completely agree.. I almost make the rookie mistake.. Thanks to you guys, i still got y 2k In my pocket.. :mellow:

Archived