return coin button on my ap

The button pushes in fine and hits the coin mech letting the change out like it should but the leaver does not come back up into position and the button stays pushed in. I was wondering what the correct way to fix this issue. Thanks

The button pushes in fine and hits the coin mech letting the change out like it should but the leaver does not come back up into position and the button stays pushed in. I was wondering what the correct way to fix this issue. Thanks

Either your spring has come loose or you've lost the C clip that holds the arm to the mech release.

What model of AP machine is this?  There might be a bracket that holds the button in.  If it's a 6000/7000 then the button is square and they get scuffed up and begin to drag meaning they need to be replaced.  The 113's have round buttons that can do the same thing.  There is a spring on the c/r lever on the 6000/7000 so check for that possibly missing.  There is also a spring on the shorter c/r lever on the 113 so check that it's still there as well. 

If you need a new button you can PM me for a replacement.

It's an ap lcm1. I don't see a spring at all on the inside of the return button looking at it I think I see two small homes that a spring would find into

It has to be spring loaded to pop back out - if you don't see a spring, then that's your problem.

Archived