Need help, eport not reporting cash sales

Hello, I need help. I have a USI Wittern CB700 soda machine. I just installed the eport G9 device for telemetry only to see sales data and for prekitting. I connected everything (MDB) cables. It does not have a DEX jack although all the manuals online says it does. For some reason, it is not reporting the cash sales back to USALive reporting. I called USA Tech and they said everything looks good on the Eport and to see if there was a firmware update for the CB700. How do I go about doing this? Is there a setting on the control board that would disable reporting cash sales? DEX is out of the question. Can someone please help?

Cashless sales come from the DEX stream so if you can't plug into DEX you won't get that data.  If your model of CB700 is a 3151 there might not be a DEX option for it.  If you have the G1 logic board and your model is a 3502 there is a DEX option that would be mounted in the lower right corner of the logic board cover.

I have to speak with USI on Monday for a different issue and I'll find out if there is a DEX cable for the 3151. 

That would be great . I will try to find out which model I have. I was told that mdb interface can report cash sales using the eport . Even the sales person said this. Is this incorect?

I'm not aware if that is actually possible without plugging in to the DEX jack.  The MDB data is supposed to be everything other than DEX so I think they are separated out per the industry standards.  I don't think your sales person knows what they're talking about on this topic or they are confused and so they mix up the terminology.  The modem can stream data such as cash and credit sales but only after the data is gathered from the modem's sources, DEX being one of them and MDB being the other.  They are mutually excludeable.

Cash sales will report thru mdb ... Remember that bevmax I picked up from you AZ well I don't have a dex cable for it and I get cash sales and credit sales I even recently got a error report on a coinmech issue which I was surprised to see without the dex cable ....so it seems like troy6363 needs to update his board which is usually done by an eprom at least on ap machines..I am not sure about usi

That's very interesting to learn.  Maybe USAT has finally found a way to extract all the data from the MDB stream and bypass the DEX stream since it's been cannibalized by programmers over the years.  

Cash sales will report thru mdb ... Remember that bevmax I picked up from you AZ well I don't have a dex cable for it and I get cash sales and credit sales I even recently got a error report on a coinmech issue which I was surprised to see without the dex cable ....so it seems like troy6363 needs to update his board which is usually done by an eprom at least on ap machines..I am not sure about usi

Wow, so good to know that I may not be heading down a dead end road. USA Tech did say something about upgrading an eprom. First of all what is that? and how would I go about see if there is a more recent updated one? Would USI have this information, anyone have a contact number for them?

Im not sure if this is useful or not but I went to the machine and did a cash test vend of every selection. When I pulled the USAT live report, it does not show that any items have vend at all. It has to be something simple to get this to work. I just want to see my daily sales and be able to prekit the machine which will save me ultimately time and money

Wow, so good to know that I may not be heading down a dead end road. USA Tech did say something about upgrading an eprom. First of all what is that? and how would I go about see if there is a more recent updated one? Would USI have this information, anyone have a contact number for them?

Im not sure if this is useful or not but I went to the machine and did a cash test vend of every selection. When I pulled the USAT live report, it does not show that any items have vend at all. It has to be something simple to get this to work. I just want to see my daily sales and be able to prekit the machine which will save me ultimately time and money

Look at the board on your machine there should be a "chip" on it that looks kinda like a memory chip or a CPU chip for a computer, there will be a number on the chip once you have that number you can call usi direct and ask them,  AZvendor may have some in stock also!

There are some models of machines that simply won't report all of the data so be prepared for that.  As technology has evolved, many older MDB machines have been left in the dust with no fixes for data reporting.  You might get card sales but no cash sales in those instances.  

Ok so I went to the machine this morning , the machine is a usi cb700 3151. I took pics of the board. It has at the top 3 prongs and says dex 1 and another that says dex 2. Is there a connector I need to purchase that will connect to the dex jack

I have dealt with this exact problem many times. First, many machines will report cash sales with out a dex cable. Before you go through the work of updating the board, call usa tech while you are standing in front of the machine and have them upload the latest software to your eport. This has fixed this exact problem many times for me.

I was on the phone with usa less then 2 hours ago having them do the exact same thing for a royal merlyn, fixed the problem almost immediately.

No, its a 2006 I believe. I have had it happen on brand new Dixie Bevmax's too. USA tech seems to be constantly updating their software. For example, last Friday I moved into a new account. I have 11 eports that were all just ordered the prior week. 4 of the eports were acting strange so I called them and they said they had a new update for them, which took care of all the problems. So they literally already has updates for a set of eports that were less then 2 weeks old.

Ask for a guy named George at the help desk, he is the one that always helps me. Hes very knowledgeable!!!

After my conversation with USI today, the 3151 board is not capable of DEXing, so I doubt you'll get any DEX data out of it.  If you find that USAT can extract DEX from that board please let us know so we'll know that USI was wrong?

Well I'm pretty close to giving up on my prekitting and telemetry plan. The usi rep gave me the part number to the dex harness but said he is pretty sure the board is just too old to out put any data. Why did they even put the dex option there if this would not work to start with. The part is around $20 so I may just go ahead and see what happens. That way every one else will know if this ever comes up again

The real problem with DEX is that after the standard was created by NAMA and agreed to by all manufacturers, NAMA has fallen down on the job and not supervised the implementation of DEX with every new model that has come out since the 90's.  This has allowed the manufacturers to use whatever resources their logic boards have for things other than DEX and so the older DEX protocol versions (they weren't supposed to change) have been cannibalized and changed to the point that only newer devices work with it, leaving older DEX machines in the dust. 

Your guys have been so incredibly helpful.So I'm the guy finally trying to get in the 21st century and use technology. Ok so if you were in this situation what would you do? I have a nice refurbished AP 111 snackshop. I want to use the telemetry device from usat on this but it does not have mdb. Would you buy a micromech to mdb converter or just update the board with the inone upgrade kit. I'm kinda leaning towards the inone board because it also has dex which is awesome for a machine this age and also the option to add a drop sensor later. What would you guys do? I'm thinking the mm to mdb converter may not even work since the board is old which is the same problem I'm running into with the usi cb700

I would just go ahead and update it. Get an inone board, led lights and a drop sensor. Its worth the investment. Im not sure if you already have a location for this machine, but if you do not, having the guaranteed vend and led lights is big selling point to potential accounts, even though its not a big deal in the vending world.

Also, there are different companies that make mdb boards, I typically will get my boards from a company called greenwick. Ive been told the engineer that owns them used to work for mei or crane back in the day supposidly.

Don't use the MDB conversion kits as they have very slow coin payout issues that drive customers mad.  Use an InOne board or a Vendors Exchange board.  The CB700 has no board upgrade so you're stuck with no DEX on it.

I found an inone upgrade for $350. Does greenwick have a website or contact info . Correct me if I'm wrong, I am leaving the original coin mech and validator in the machine. With this new board, shouldn't it report mdb and dex data to the usat device ?

Greenwick has no web presence, they only sell through dealers.  One nice thing about the InOne board is that you can mix micromech and MDB protocols together, which no other board does.  I don't know if there are problems when doing that and then adding a card reader though.  You might just want to make the mech and val. both MDB to rule out any issues.  You will at the very least, need to have an MDB device in there I would imagine, unless the card reader might work with it being the only MDB device in the machine.  That's something you'll have to check with InOne about.

Archived