Investments and Returns, or Two Fistfuls of Quarters

ClarkMI

Made a 28-day collection today. I went in with a globe full of Crispy M&Ms to replace the Peanut, due to poor returns on the Peanut at my second pull (see http://vendiscuss.net/index.php?/topic/22656-first-machine-placement-03012015/ for details). The location's employees seemed favorable to the Crispys when I talked with them. Went in the break room to service the machines and found $8.50 in the Peanut M&M head.

Hmm... It seems I was too impulsive! That immediately got me thinking about how I should view the product as an investment--find a good one at a good price and sit on it! Pay no attention to the ups and downs of the market, you're in this for the long haul!

I had already told the employees about the Crispy M&Ms, so there was no turning back. Swapped out the heads and moved on to the Skittles. $21.75!!!

Finished out my amazement with a few prayers to the Father, and some Crispy M&M free samples to the employees.

• 4 weeks later...

31-day collection today.

Skittles $23.25

Crispy M&Ms $16.00

Out of one machine? If so, that ain't bad.

Very nice, in fact. I think we'd all be appreciative. So far the crispies are doing great then, but not out-selling the skittles. Skittles are a blessing, aren't they!

Out of one machine? If so, that ain't bad.

Very nice, in fact. I think we'd all be appreciative. So far the crispies are doing great then, but not out-selling the skittles. Skittles are a blessing, aren't they!

Yep, two single heads on a stand, which I understand qualifies as a 'double head'.

Skittles are quite the blessing. Low COG is favorable in my book, especially in this location where they are so popular.

Do the crispy m&m's hold up in the wheel? I wanted to try them but was afraid they would fall apart. Sam's has them for 5.91 a bag.

I'm not sure. I haven't had any complaints, and did not see any getting split when running them through to adjust the vend amount.

What size is that bag at Sam's?

Archived