Vending machine for a yoga studio

Hi,

I'm opening up a large HOT yoga studio and thought it would be a good idea to get vending machines rather than have drink/food refrigerators.  I'm afraid the refrigerators will have a lot of theft as they are not behind the counter.

I have a lot of questions.  Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions. 

1) Should I do vending machines rather than a sliding door refrigerator?  

- While I know I might have more theft with a traditional **help yourself and bring to counter for payment**... I'm thinking it might also be better for business and service to not have vending machines.

- Might a vending machine actually slow down my business?  They don't have vending machines at gas stations and 7-11.  You go to the refrigerator, get your drinks and bring it to the counter for payment. 

2) How much does it cost to buy a vending machine?  I want a really nice one.  Maybe even two that are side by side to accommodate all the traffic. 

3) Is there a hybrid machine?  Maybe a machine that you pay for your item and it releases the lock but it's help yourself?  

4) I want to sell drinks in glass bottles, salads, sandwiches, etc.  Do people assume if a sandwich or wrap is in a vending machine that it's not fresh?  Am I giving the wrong impression?

5) I definitely want to take credit cards or have people be able to expedite payment.  The cheapest drink would be $2-$3 and don't want people to have to feed the machine with change and bad dollar bills.

6) Are there machines that have a code that allow the release of a drink (if it's a comp or if they want to pay at the register and get a token?) 

Thanks again.. This is all new to me.

Hi,

I'm opening up a large HOT yoga studio and thought it would be a good idea to get vending machines rather than have drink/food refrigerators.  I'm afraid the refrigerators will have a lot of theft as they are not behind the counter.

I have a lot of questions.  Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions. 

1) Should I do vending machines rather than a sliding door refrigerator?  

- While I know I might have more theft with a traditional **help yourself and bring to counter for payment**... I'm thinking it might also be better for business and service to not have vending machines.

- Might a vending machine actually slow down my business?  They don't have vending machines at gas stations and 7-11.  You go to the refrigerator, get your drinks and bring it to the counter for payment. 

2) How much does it cost to buy a vending machine?  I want a really nice one.  Maybe even two that are side by side to accommodate all the traffic. 

3) Is there a hybrid machine?  Maybe a machine that you pay for your item and it releases the lock but it's help yourself?  

4) I want to sell drinks in glass bottles, salads, sandwiches, etc.  Do people assume if a sandwich or wrap is in a vending machine that it's not fresh?  Am I giving the wrong impression?

5) I definitely want to take credit cards or have people be able to expedite payment.  The cheapest drink would be $2-$3 and don't want people to have to feed the machine with change and bad dollar bills.

6) Are there machines that have a code that allow the release of a drink (if it's a comp or if they want to pay at the register and get a token?) 

Thanks again.. This is all new to me.

For a Yoga studio, your best bet would be a glass front robotic vendor either the Bevmax 4 or the Royal Vision Vendor are good choices.  While these machines will easily vend a wide variety of bottled products, they're not cheap.  Be prepared to pay at least $3,000 for a good used refurbished one.  You'll have a tough go selling any salads or other fresh products as your stales will likely eat all your profits.   Try and stick to plastic bottles as glass is always a potential problem in any vending machine.

I had a machine in a yoga studio before. Honestly 90% of sales were water and some beverages. barely anyone bought snacks .

Just curious what snacks were in the vending machine?  

The type of "snacks" I would have in the machine would be: fruit cups, salads, turkey wraps, protein bars, etc. as opposed to chips and such.  

At this point, your best bet would be something like an AMS refrigerated snack machine if you plan on selling perishable food. But be prepared to lose a lot of money if you can't sell the food fast enough.

You'd be smart to avoid all perishable foods - that's what restaurants are for.  You won't have enough demand to sell it before it expires.  Stick to packaged snacks.

Archived