product falls bottom of machine

hi, ive having a lot of issues on a dixie narco 5800 and 5800-4 with the product falling to bottom of machine, i test it many times and its just every so often,for no apparent reason the cup goes to the selection, pushes the trigger and sometimes the item doesnt slide all the way, just kinda hangs tiltednon the cup, when the cup moves item sometimes falls to the bottom of machine

have any of you had similiar issues?

hi, ive having a lot of issues on a dixie narco 5800 and 5800-4 with the product falling to bottom of machine, i test it many times and its just every so often,for no apparent reason the cup goes to the selection, pushes the trigger and sometimes the item doesnt slide all the way, just kinda hangs tiltednon the cup, when the cup moves item sometimes falls to the bottom of machine

have any of you had similiar issues?

Make sure those trays are clean so the product doesn't hang up a little on the way to the cup - also clean the cup sensors.

Also check the switch on the bottom of cup. Make sure it isn't sticky. If it is it will cause the motor count to be off and the plunger will hit the shelf and prevent it from ejecting the product. You have to look real close because it may only be catching the very edge of the shelf.

Thanks for the help so far guys, I always check that, I usually walk in with a degreser for the shelves, and wd40 for that switch under the cup, but it still happens with a few machines, every so often, I walk in and theres a soda at the bottom

Do not spay that switch with WD40!

If the switch is clean and dry it is not likely to be the problem.

If the switch is gummy from soda, spray it as a temporary fix and order the new switch.

If you are saying you spray the switch every week, clean up the area and remove all the residual product and install a new switch and keep it dry. It will work better that way.

Do not go around spraying everything, it just makes messy problems in the long run. Yes I own a can of WD40. It is 30 years old and is 3/4 full. WD40 is useful in locations that can be disabled and cleaned fully and are free of motors and switches.

Sorry you found one of my buttons.

Walta

My  first boss in vending said a good tech has a can of WD40 in his bag. I said a good tech doesn't need it. WD40 is a temp fix and has no use in a vending machine. It collects dirt and after time becomes gummy. Like Walta said you found my button also. Sorry Its not fun following up behind someone who uses it.

You need to take that cup off the rail and fill a sink with hot water. Submerge the cup in the hot water for a couple of minutes sloshing it around. Then take it out and shack the water out of it. Dry it off the best you can and reinstall it.

I agree with this.  I once found a cold food machine that wouldn't open any doors.  The guy had sprayed WD40 on all the door latches and they gummed up when they got cold.  I had to rebuild that machine.  I also can't tell you how many times I've replaced coin mechs because someone sprayed WD40 or some other oil into the coin mech thinking it would make the coins slide through better.  The oils eat the plastic, not to mention gumming everything up.  Those coin mechs often just get thrown in the trash. 

These are all places NOT to use WD40 and it's just the beginning.  Just keep your parts clean and sometimes a dab of lithium grease works wonders - in the correct places of course.

It seems you pushed a few buttons.

Do tell us more about your "degreaser" does it leave any residue?

Where else did you spray the WD40?

Walta

hahaha, over sensitive technicians, didnt expect that...lol...
degreaser i use bought at home depot, to clean "syrup" from the shelves, when it explodes and it makes that trigger sticky...
wd40 on the switch at the bottom  is well wiped, its not like i spray wd40 and leave...

but my point is we have around 20 of those machines, and after a couple of years many have that problem, it works the majority of time, but every so often one falls, hoping for ideas...

hahaha, over sensitive technicians, didnt expect that...lol...

degreaser i use bought at home depot, to clean "syrup" from the shelves, when it explodes and it makes that trigger sticky...

wd40 on the switch at the bottom  is well wiped, its not like i spray wd40 and leave...

but my point is we have around 20 of those machines, and after a couple of years many have that problem, it works the majority of time, but every so often one falls, hoping for ideas...

About the only thing we haven't covered would be the constant force springs that provide tension to the rear product pusher.  These are the flat coiled metal springs that are located behind the female side of the plunger assembly. It's rare for these to wear out but in a high volume location, I suppose that it's possible.

About the only thing we haven't covered would be the constant force springs that provide tension to the rear product pusher.  These are the flat coiled metal springs that are located behind the female side of the plunger assembly. It's rare for these to wear out but in a high volume location, I suppose that it's possible.

That cam in the cup can get wore down enough that the plunger can't reach far enough to eject the bottles. One a few occasions I have taken a nickle and superglued it to the end of the plunger so it wood push a bit farther. On the first cups like on the BevMax 2 the screws were to tight on the back plate and that sometimes wouldn't let the plunger work freely.   

That cam in the cup can get wore down enough that the plunger can't reach far enough to eject the bottles. One a few occasions I have taken a nickle and superglued it to the end of the plunger so it wood push a bit farther. On the first cups like on the BevMax 2 the screws were to tight on the back plate and that sometimes wouldn't let the plunger work freely.   

I ended up replacing my entire cup.  The cam on my cup was definitely worn pretty badly and replacing it alone probably would have solved the issue.. but the new cup had all new parts and it was worth the few hundred dollars I paid.

Archived