Usi 3159

USI calls that a Snackmart IV with ADA compliance.  The price you paid is good mainly because it's still an old Snackmart cabinet.  The good thing about it is that it's a SM6 logic board which is MDB.  As to the ADA compliant part, I can only guess that maybe the board includes voice operation or audio feedback to the customer because there isn't any change to the cabinet that I know of.

I'm generally ONLY a fan of USI machines when it's a 3015A series of machine (3013A, 3014A, 3015A) OR when they have the HR-series cabinet or newer.  There are too many models between those that seem to be difficult to deal with regarding parts.  The newer stuff have parts readily available and the F80 board is excellent in my opinion (I think that's the Snackmart VI board).

For $570 though, I think you got an excellent deal.  At the beginning of my venture, I tried to avoid ALL older machines but I have to say... the AP 7000's, USI 3015's, National 145's, Rowe 4900's.... machines of those generations were usually built with excellent quality.  People complain about them now (as do I) but they are some of the earliest generations of machine with control boards.  When you consider how reliable they have been for the past 25+ years, and how many parts are available for these even now, you learn to appreciate some of the older equipment.

Yeah, I kind of ranted about how much I find myself liking older equipment more and more, but the major point is that I think you did quite well getting that USI for $570.

The F80 board is the red display and the SM6 board is the blue display.

Is it not a SM board at all?  Regardless, I like the F80 boards.  I think they are pretty solid in functionality.

Thanks az vendor , I really needed to get a good one at a great price as we just lost out house and u needed to get that snack machine headache out of the way as I already have too much on my plate with the house and a 40 year old younger brother that doesn't work.

Now he's also going to give me 3 large coils to put the cup of soups in it. Do you guys know if cup of soup is a good seller ?

I run the Cup O' Noodles in one account - it does about a case a month.  Not a great seller considering how much space they take up

Archived