DN 600E - double vend, no vend, double vend, no vend

So, I have seen it happen before where a can/bottle drink machine will do this sort of thing (depth selection, shims, whatever). Has anyone ever seen a machine that does this and then decides to vend correctly after unplugging the machine and returning later? No one else has access to the machine to change anything. Ghosts. It's ghosts, right?

It works fine now (after many test vends). Would you just leave it alone, then?

It is a DN 600E set up for 16.9 oz bottles, by the way.

LB

You probably have bad motor switches as they are only running 5VDC through them and when they begin to corrode there is too much resistance for the voltage to get through, resulting in the switch not reacting correctly.  If this issue repeats on the same column(s) then those switches should be replaced.  If it varies from column to column then you should probably replace all the switches. 

If the issue is on all columns when it occurs then look at the motor switch connection on the logic board to make sure it's fully seated.  Also inspect your switch wiring as it leaves the left corner of the motor cover because it's common for those tiny wires to be cut by the motor cover if it's not carefully installed.

If you need switches for it you can PM me for them.

Thanks, guys. It was all columns, and now it is none of the columns. I will check the connection at the board.

This is a newly-refurbished machine, so it (hopefully) should not be corrosion anywhere. Nonetheless, I will go through the connections if it happens again.

There is nothing as frustrating as unrepeatable results.

Newly refurbished. Sounds like a case of WD-40.. Sticky brakes from someone spraying all the motors. Then when the motors get cold the brake won't hold and coasts. Or the cam settings on motors are set incorrectly.  The cam needs to be set for 2 deep cans not for 20 oz bottles. 20 0z Bottles are number 5 LOL don't know number lol. Only by sight. On the cam you will find 2 notches that are right next to each other. Either one will work for a E model. It will make a difference on a non electronic vendor. Like a D/N 348 or 440.

When the series 90 or shimless stake came out in the 90's the inner door on the 348 had one setting for the cans and the 440 had another. Same machine basically. I kept getting this call at the air base that the vendor was stealing money or wasn't taking money. Every Time I went the vendor would have several empty columns and had a credit. This was a D/N 440. I assumed  the problem was the route driver not servicing the location like it was supposed to be. Well one day I got the call and had some time. I went through this vendor with a fine tooth comb. Everything was perfect. Locked it up and was leaving when this nurse came by and told me use to use it but was tired of getting ripped off. I told her to try it and if she does I would buy it for her. She puts her money in and then nothing. No way. So I give her a tea. Well now I have a challenge. 

Here is what I found. People put their money in and then Hit the selection they want. Right! That was the problem. When they hit the button the motor would move just enough to drop a can and not continue the rotation. So now you have a credit still on vendor and a empty cup. Next person the machine won't take money. On and one till someone hits a button. But if someone hits the one that has the empty cup dry vend. Conclusion every single D/N 79 inch vendor was set incorrectly  from factory. Dixie and I went around and around about this. The number of service calls this caused was enormous. Everyone I serviced was set wrong.

The easiest to see if yours is doing this is take motor cover off and bump switch on the single columns if the can drops out and don't continue rotation the setting is wrong. Move it 1 hole and try again. I am sure there are still many out there. 

Archived