Is this route worth the $

Hi, I'm new to the whole vending world and I was looking to purchase an existing route I've come across on Craigslist here in Houston, Tx and want to know if it's worth the money. I have 0 experience in this field particularly other than what I've studied on here. I once was a merchandiser for Coke and part of that job was to fill vending machines at various locations, that pretty much sums up my knowledge. I'm now employed by Frito Lay and feel that I could get better profit margins since I get chips at discounted prices. Here's the link to the route I was interested in. http://houston.craigslist.org/bfs/5004656480.html

Lot of driving for just two locations tilleylorenzo!

But since your driving already, check them out and post what brand of machines and type of location.

Somebody will give you a honest opinion about these locations and machines.

Pictures will help of machines also.

Welcome to the board!

cajun 

At sales of $305 per month total for all three machines don't pay more than the machines themselves are worth as the sales don't warrant any add on to the machine value.  This is because you won't make any profit after you factor in repaying yourself for the machines and your time in servicing them.  I'm sure this is why these two locations (not a route) are being sold.  You first need to find out the model numbers of the machines or we can't tell you the value of them. 

This smells like a couple of dogs that somebodies' trying to dump.  The revenue is far too low to mess with, especially in a big place like Houston where there must be a lot of better locations around.  Pass

Offer half.

If I can not make my money back in 10 months, I don't buy.

Example: $300 gross... split in half to get a net of $150. $150 x 10 months = $1500 (this should be your purchase price).

Otherwise do you really want to work for 20 months before breaking even?

Also, consider your risk. New owners could come into the business and kick you out and then you will be stuck with the machines for a time being. Ask any vendor... it happens.

With all that said, you are on the right track. I started by purchasing one location, now near 20 in 3 years.

Lastly, there are better opportunites for $3k. $300 / mo is not a lot.  If he does not take half, then relax until the next opportunity comes around.

Archived