CoinCo (model ba30sa) takes in bill... then spits it back out

The bill acceptor (on my Snack Shop 112) used to accept bills, but slowing stopped accepting over time. Now it just pulls the bill in, then spits it right out.

I tried cleaning bill path with bill cleaners and simply blowing out any dust. Coin mech is full of coins.

Any ideas?

The bill acceptor (on my Snack Shop 112) used to accept bills, but slowing stopped accepting over time. Now it just pulls the bill in, then spits it right out.

I tried cleaning bill path with bill cleaners and simply blowing out any dust. Coin mech is full of coins.

Any ideas?

One of the few advantages of the BA30 is that it will accept both voltages so you need to make sure a replacement validator will be compatible with your machine.   I own a couple of AP 113s and as I recall they're non MDB which means you'll need the VN2511 - and don't forget the harness.

The AP 113 can use a 110v OR 24v. You just need the right harness for the right validator.

For simplicity, I recommend a 110v mars as it works in far more machines than a 24v mars will

I think at this point if a machine takes both voltages and were buying a BA one should buy the 24 volt as one day you may want to move the BA to newer machine and new machines will not take the 120 models.

There may be more 120 machines on the used market today, but they are all more than 20 years old and will be out of service sooner or later.

Walt

One of the few advantages of the BA30 is that it will accept both voltages so you need to make sure a replacement validator will be compatible with your machine.   I own a couple of AP 113s and as I recall they're non MDB which means you'll need the VN2511 - and don't forget the harness.

Yes, your correct moondog!

To satisfy my curiosity I went look up the manual. 

icon_pray.gif icon_pray.gif icon_pray.gif

cajun

Technically, I wouldn't say a coinco BA30 will accept "both" voltages. A ba30 will only accept 110v or it can run on MDB, but it cannot run on non-MDB 24v. You would need a BA32 for a non-MDB 24v machine with a non MDB 24v harness. The BA30's are often BA30B's which have a bottle mask and don't have the same plug as a BA30SA. They are only versatile when converting between one voltage 110v OR 24v) and MDB, but not between 110v and 24v(non-MDB).

Archived