Bill Validator - MagPro 50B

Hello everyone,

I have a MagPro 50B bill validator.  It powers on and can hear it starts up, the diagnostic led will turned on for a few seconds then turns it off.  It doesn't accept anything even the coins.  What should I check? thanks for the help!!

This sounds like a bad coin mech because. If it's a single price machine then look for a jammed column that has disabled the vend circuit. If it's a multiprice machine then you have a bad coin mech. I can send one if you need it.

Thanks for the reply,  it is a multiprice machine.  any way to check what's wrong with the coin mech?  or any quick fix that I can do before I replace the coin mech?

This sounds like a bad coin mech because. If it's a single price machine then look for a jammed column that has disabled the vend circuit. If it's a multiprice machine then you have a bad coin mech. I can send one if you need it.

If the mech and validator are MDB then try the coin mech plugged in by itself to the machine (when MDB the coin mech plugs in through the validator harness).  If the mech then works as it should you then have a bad validator that was inhibiting the coin mech.  If the mech still won't work when plugged in alone then the mech is bad.

Thanks, I will give it a try.  could a coin jam cause that too?

If the mech and validator are MDB then try the coin mech plugged in by itself to the machine (when MDB the coin mech plugs in through the validator harness).  If the mech then works as it should you then have a bad validator that was inhibiting the coin mech.  If the mech still won't work when plugged in alone then the mech is bad.

What is the make and model of the machine?

It seems to me you have 2 or more problems.

If a BA50 goes thru a normal power up and then turns off its LED that would indicate the BA is ready to take a bill, if it will not the BA is faulty.

If you have a single fault outside the BA then the BA should be flashing its disabled code 2 blinks.

If you have a single fault inside the BA then the machine should still work on coins.

If the only problem were a coin jam the BA should be blinking 2 flashes.

Walt

Archived