VE Revision Door

I am considering updating some AP 7000s and was curious as to how those who have the Revision Door from VEII feel about them.  Are they worth the money?

Thanks for any input

I am considering updating some AP 7000s and was curious as to how those who have the Revision Door from VEII feel about them.  Are they worth the money?

Thanks for any input

I bought one but were I to do it again, I would have just bought the UCB board and drop sensor and added my own LEDs.  I could have saved about $800 and nobody seems to be real impressed with the looks of the door versus the old door.  The instructions are miserable, they could have been much more detailed if they hadn't printed half of it in French.

Cajun, did you use the VE UCB or a different board? Lights I can do myself for under $20.

I did three VE boards on my AP machines.

Very easy!

Don't be scare of it.

cajun

I haven't done one yet but my opinion of the door is that it's plain and boring, especially with the tiny keypad and no trim.  If you put optional graphics on it then it looks very nice (which is what it seems they made this plain jane door for) but otherwise it looks like an ugly girl with no makeup... except it's shiny.

What I like about the Revision door is it makes your machine ADA and energy star compliant.

What I do not like is the door is a bit flimsy and twists enough that the reused delivery bin sometime sticks.

I agree without the graphic the customers will never notice the money you spent.

Walta

I believe it is $315.

I just checked. $315 for the board. $415 for the board with drop sensors.

Thanks. That is way cheaper than a refurbished machine. I have 6-8 AP's I need to put card readers on. 2 of them are AP 113's. Seems like out here nobody cares what the door looks like, they just want their fix.

Thanks. That is way cheaper than a refurbished machine. I have 6-8 AP's I need to put card readers on. 2 of them are AP 113's. Seems like out here nobody cares what the door looks like, they just want their fix.

Thing is, I fully agree with Randy. The revision doors don't look all that great. A new front, new trim, and some LED lights will make those APs look great. It's just kind of a pain to mount a CC reader on them.

Thing is, I fully agree with Randy. The revision doors don't look all that great. A new front, new trim, and some LED lights will make those APs look great. It's just kind of a pain to mount a CC reader on them.

I like the idea of the Tuff Fronts and a new board, LED light and new coin/bill. The rest can be worked out on location.

The VE board is a simply plug and play.

As for programming it, very simple.

One of the features I like about it, once you open door it can be set up to tube fill coin mech or simply turn off in menu.

I also had to change out DBA's and got to mdb coin mech in machines.

Since I 'm in the process of going all muti-price cold drinks, I need mdb dba's and coin mechs.

cajun

Well, from what I am hearing, the VE UCB is worth the investment but the door, not so much. My question came about because we wanted to upgrade some older 7000s and spoke with Shaffer Distributing. Salesman said they would take unit in on trade for refurb with revision door installed with LED, drop sensor, ADA compliant for $1499 with trade in. We have used the InOne board with few problems and thought we would try the VE board to compare. Sounds like we might just try the boards, not the doors. Thanks for all your input

The VE board is a simply plug and play.

As for programming it, very simple.

One of the features I like about it, once you open door it can be set up to tube fill coin mech or simply turn off in menu.

I also had to change out DBA's and got to mdb coin mech in machines.

Since I 'm in the process of going all muti-price cold drinks, I need mdb dba's and coin mechs.

cajun

Sounds like we are in the same boat.

Sounds like we are in the same boat.

Well Allen

I hope your boat don't sink, mine is starting to have a few holes in my ship.

With the oil field coming to a almost dead stop!

Everybody is laying off and cutting back on working hours to a bare minimum.

Long term it don't look good!

cajun 

Archived