Crane Snack Machine motors turning backwards

I've have been filling a friends Crane 173D Snack Vendor 500. Just today I noticed that two rows of the singe slot candy are turning the wrong way. The spirals are actually moving the Oreo's toward the back of the machine. Any help would be appreciated.

Well... If by some coincidence the spirals are opposite directions (one is a clockwise and the other is counterclockwise) then you could just switch them. I'm not sure about that model but I think some Nationals have alternating motors so that you can couple items if you wish to convert 2 candy selections into one snack selection. It's possible this machine does that and the spirals were swapped.

I've have been filling a friends Crane 173D Snack Vendor 500. Just today I noticed that two rows of the singe slot candy are turning the wrong way. The spirals are actually moving the Oreo's toward the back of the machine. Any help would be appreciated.

Check back there and see if the leads on the motors are reversed.

It was working correctly for the last 2 years, then it seems like it reprogrammed itself. My short-term fix was to remove the spirals and leave a couple "blanks". It's a mostly plastic machine bought from Sam's Club.

If nothing happened to the machine other than the motors began to turn backwards on their own then you have bad motors or a shorted wire to the shelf, this especially if they both started this at the same time.

Allen, it sounds to me that somehow the spirals got switched around. On Crane/National machines, the selections with an even number should home with the end of the spiral at about 7 o'clock position(left hand spirals). Even number selections should home at about the 5 o'clock position(right hand spiral). If these are in the wrong they will seem to run in reverse.

Allen, it sounds to me that somehow the spirals got switched around. On Crane/National machines, the selections with an even number should home with the end of the spiral at about 7 o'clock position(left hand spirals). Even number selections should home at about the 5 o'clock position(right hand spiral). If these are in the wrong they will seem to run in reverse.

Thanks, that makes sense. I'll check that next time I go there. It is the 2 end units both vending backwards, so a spiral switch may resolve it. Seems like an error came up. I'll note the error next time.

Rex, yes the candy selections will be right/left spirals. The motors turn the same direction but spirals are wound in opposite directions. If you look at dual spiral snack shelf they are also opposite. This way you can couple motors on the candy shelf and vend more snacks. Just be sure they are the same count spirals. Otherwise they will jam in a hurry.

Oh yeah, let's all pretend like AngryChris never even mentioned the possibility of switched-out spirals. You guys make me angry.

I did read that AngryChris, but I never dealt with a Crane.

My AP931, has some of the spirals for candy made like that. Crane/AP.

cajun

I'm still angry.

If I had to deal with old Polyvends and Lectrovends, i wouldn't just be angry, I'd be irate.  Besides you were angry before you ever met us  ;D  ;D  ;D

Archived