Vending Truck / Shelves

TenVend

Hey Guys, 

I know there have been posts on here in the past discussing vending trucks/vehicles.  We are getting ready to add shelving to our box truck to have an extra deliver truck.  Would some of the pro's share some pics and suggestions about Box Truck / Vending Truck set ups??  And pictures would be great.  I m sure it would benefit us and a lot of others on the Forum..........Thanks........Look forward to see what other guys are doing........

IMG 4080

IMG 4081

IMG 4075

IMG 4078

IMG 4079

IMG 4076

IMG 4077

They are little empty right now, but these are some shelves and head ache rack I threw together with 1.5 steel tube, osb, and 2x4's. I mounted them with turn buckles so when its time to sell it there are not a bunch of holes in it. This is not a box truck, but it gives you an idea.

PHX 1.  That looks awesome.  So that is a van I guess.........??  RSchlig I was thinking of going with plywood shelves but was worried about the weight....??  How did you hook up the little freeze in the from........Is that DC and wired to the battery :huh:

I have a medium sized chest freezer in my truck ... mounted a DC outlet on the outside of the truck so when it's parked for the day, I simply run my drop cord right up to the truck, plug it in and the next morning I'm ready to go again.  Works like a charm!

I use 3/4" plywood in my 14' Isuzu box truck and it's plenty strong enough to hold anything I can put on it ... but I do keep my drinks on the floor.  Just BE SURE you angle your shelves with a slight tilt to the back when you mount them, to keep your stuff from falling off the shelves all day long  :-)

PHX 1.  That looks awesome.  So that is a van I guess.........??  RSchlig I was thinking of going with plywood shelves but was worried about the weight....??  How did you hook up the little freeze in the from........Is that DC and wired to the battery

Yes the plywood makes the truck very heavy, way over the legal limit for a regular license when I am completely loaded!

PHX 1.  That looks awesome.  So that is a van I guess.........??  RSchlig I was thinking of going with plywood shelves but was worried about the weight....??  How did you hook up the little freeze in the from........Is that DC and wired to the battery :huh:

Indeed, Its a ram promaster 2500. Very similar to a Mercedes sprinter. I used to have a isuzu but when it bit the dust I purchased this van new. When I get big enough I will purchase another isuzu and have a employee drive the van and ill start using the isuzu.

How much does the freezer weight ??  We are just traveling miles like everybody is........I was just wanting to keep in mind weight because of MPG's as well as brakes, strain on transmittion, and all the stuff that goes on with something you are driving that much.  I know everyone is trying to get the most done and save the most money in the long run.

funny.

I had a route of drink machines in the 80's

good business in the broiling vegas summer.

I remember once, for some reason,

a whole half van load of soda became unstable.

after 6 hours of filling machines, I hit a speed bump a little too hard,

and all of a sudden, the cans started to blow.

driving down the road, I heard cans popping one by one.

lost half the load, and had to hose the soda out of the van,

or the ants would be dancing in it within hours.

What a mess.

I bought a portable battery charger from Sam's that has a 110v outlet, I have a large box fan that I plug in while I'm working back there, helps keep me cool. I recharge the battery charger every other evening.

I've got to do something I just about sweet to death in there, then u look bad when u go in to service account, I thought about getting to deep cycle batteries n put them in a heavy tote on the front frame, then put a trickle charger on them, but trying to figure the best fan or portable ac

I'm undecided

I agree with AZ, I used to have a reefer on my old box truck. When I got my new van chose not to have a unit put on it. It has a plug in cooling unit that Cools everything down when its parked at my place. All the soda stays cold through out the day. Its made by thermo king and has a place I plug a heavy duty extension cord into.

On the other hand I know many big companies dont cool the trucks at all, so its totally up to you and what your willing to live with.

Shew I used to work for Frito and we had no ac in the back of the box trucks man was it hot picking orders, but I woikd like to do something just not fully made my mind up lol by the time I make my mind up summer be over lol

AZ Vendor........What was the cost of the unit......?? New or used??  How hard was it to hook up?  That is something that we might be interested in doing.  We are currently running two trucks and that would be nice, if the price is right.........

Archived