Buying a second hand machine

Hi all,

I was wondering what do you do when buying second hand machines, what do you look for other that see for any imperfections, do you turn the machine on and test if it vends soda/snack or whatever the case might be?

You should ask them to plug it in 2 hrs before you get there so you can see it cooling. Then you can hold down a sold out paddle and try droppig one of each coin in. After doing that then press the coin return lever to see if each coin is paid back. If you put 10 or so coins in each coin tube you can then try a dollar bill, again while holding a sold out paddle down, then try that selection watching that the column moves to vend. You should then get change back when the vend completes. Don't forget to then empty the coin tubes by using the inventory switches.

And even if a coin mech is broke its ok just knock off the cost of a refurb about 80 bucks.

Also make a cheater cord- http://69.129.141.51:8080/RD/techbulletins.nsf/f82b2b5f8fe737f385256bbf00699a4a/4be027be4de9623885256bcd0057343b/$FILE/tb203.pdf

This lets you test without coin mech.

Also know that at least one sold out paddle must be down (as AZ said) or it won't accept coins, and all motors must be home for it to accept coins.

All this is for the older single price machine without a LED display.

PS: These are 110v machines so be careful when poking under the motor cover or with coin mechs- best to power off when unplugging stuff.

I've done great with used machines, I bought 3 Pop machines n 2 snack machines with attachments for 1200.00 the other day and scored big time,

1 check dollar/coin mechs

2 check history of sales n items

3 check to see how clean they are

That's a good deal unless they are still Sensit 1 machines or they don't cool. If they are Sensit 1 machines (one line on the credit display) then you'll need to upgrade them to Sensit 3 so you'll have reliable vend sensors that aren't 20 years old. If they have 2-line displays then they are newer Sensit 2 or 3 machines and will work much better. I can send you upgrade kits if needed.

That's a good deal unless they are still Sensit 1 machines or they don't cool. If they are Sensit 1 machines (one line on the credit display) then you'll need to upgrade them to Sensit 3 so you'll have reliable vend sensors that aren't 20 years old. If they have 2-line displays then they are newer Sensit 2 or 3 machines and will work much better. I can send you upgrade kits if needed.

Not sure if Sensit is made by a specific year, but they're 3 &7 years old..

and... they're snack only no cooler..

I just got an offer for 2 snack machines.

Ams 39 640 & Ams 39 630 both for $700 ?

Unless they're beat to hell, you should jump on it before somebody beats you to them.  There's no use in closely monitoring CL unless you're prepared to pull the trigger.

If they are only 3 to 7 years old then they likely have the Sensit 2 system, especially if they are non-chilled.  Sensit has been on every AMS machine since their inception as that's their design (they were the first in the industry with guaranteed vends) and they will always have it on every AMS built.

Unless they're beat to hell, you should jump on it before somebody beats you to them.  There's no use in closely monitoring CL unless you're prepared to pull the trigger.

Hi Moondog, I'm not window shopping, I can actually purchase these and I will most likely, however I been waiting for someone to give me his inventory which consist of 15 machines, however he's been dragging his feet,  i gave him until today to get his entire inventory list so i can run it by you guys.

Also, I can get those 2 machines, but I need to figure it out how to move them, never done it before, but I'm assuming these will be a lot lighter than the ones with cooling i assume..

Tks

If they are only 3 to 7 years old then they likely have the Sensit 2 system, especially if they are non-chilled.  Sensit has been on every AMS machine since their inception as that's their design (they were the first in the industry with guaranteed vends) and they will always have it on every AMS built.

Kool- Thanks!

Hi Moondog, I'm not window shopping, I can actually purchase these and I will most likely, however I been waiting for someone to give me his inventory which consist of 15 machines, however he's been dragging his feet,  i gave him until today to get his entire inventory list so i can run it by you guys.

Also, I can get those 2 machines, but I need to figure it out how to move them, never done it before, but I'm assuming these will be a lot lighter than the ones with cooling i assume..

Tks

Kool- Thanks!

The key to moving snack machines is to pull out all the trays - this takes about 200 lbs off the weight.  I've built a small wooden box as a spacer to account for the leg height.

Moondog, I should've listen to you !!!! They're gone, however I have few others lined up i need to build 5 snack and 5 soda for me new route..

Anyway, going back to transportation you guys used some type of pickup you own or you rent something.. my biggest car i have is a Pathfinder..

Moondog, I should've listen to you !!!! They're gone, however I have few others lined up i need to build 5 snack and 5 soda for me new route..

Anyway, going back to transportation you guys used some type of pickup you own or you rent something.. my biggest car i have is a Pathfinder..

Hire someone or a box truck with RAIL LIFT not tuckaway.

You'll need to reserve it in advance, most rentals have tuckaway lifts which are often at ridiculous angles and like to dump machines.

Hire someone or a box truck with RAIL LIFT not tuckaway.

You'll need to reserve it in advance, most rentals have tuckaway lifts which are often at ridiculous angles and like to dump machines.

Seems that everyone who is selling the machines wan't it picked up asap..I think I'm getting some good deals, but i have to move the machines to a storage facility until i have enough machines for the locator, I will start with about 10 or so machines, it might make sense to use a mover.

Seems that everyone who is selling the machines wan't it picked up asap..I think I'm getting some good deals, but i have to move the machines to a storage facility until i have enough machines for the locator, I will start with about 10 or so machines, it might make sense to use a mover.

There's a huge difference between moving a snack machine and moving a soda machine.  Basically you don't even want to contemplate moving soda machines without a lot of expensive equipment.  You'll definitely need to hire a mover.  If you want to occasionally move snack machines, you'll need a trailer. Too bad about those AMS machines - when you see those hot deals, it's always a race.

There's a huge difference between moving a snack machine and moving a soda machine. Basically you don't even want to contemplate moving soda machines without a lot of expensive equipment. You'll definitely need to hire a mover. If you want to occasionally move snack machines, you'll need a trailer. Too bad about those AMS machines - when you see those hot deals, it's always a race.

Without your shelf removal trick, I think some older snacks are comparable to soda machines. Generally, yes, soda machines weigh more.

Without your shelf removal trick, I think some older snacks are comparable to soda machines. Generally, yes, soda machines weigh more.

Are they any special tools / tricks needed to remove the shelf or just a screw driver ?

Depending on the model of the machine you might have to flip the shelf locks over and slide the shelf to the end and lift it out, or slide it to just before the end of the rail and tilt it to free the front-most rear rollers then pull it forward and lift it off, or pull to the end of the rail and tilt up and lift off, etc. If you ever end up with a USI 5700 or HR series machine then don't bother even trying as it's a real b i t c h to do.

Depending on the model of the machine you might have to flip the shelf locks over and slide the shelf to the end and lift it out, or slide it to just before the end of the rail and tilt it to free the front-most rear rollers then pull it forward and lift it off, or pull to the end of the rail and tilt up and lift off, etc. If you ever end up with a USI 5700 or HR series machine then don't bother even trying as it's a real b i t c h to d

Is the moving vending machines done by specialized movers or any moving companies, i need to get some estimates and see if it makes sense to use them instead..

Is the moving vending machines done by specialized movers or any moving companies, i need to get some estimates and see if it makes sense to use them instead..

Vending movers are specialized.  If you have a vending machine sales company in your area, ask them who they use  Often these guys will advertise on Craigslist.

Archived