bottle dispensing motor on a can vending machine

I just bought a location at a nursing home, it has two soda machines and a snack machine. The location is a good one, however, the machines are a little outdated but until I have the money to replace the ones there.  My first problem is one of the dispensing motors went out so he put a bottle dispensing motor on there.  Now it dispenses either 2 cans or no cans.  Can this be fixed or not?

My other problem is sometimes when you push a certain selection, ie, dr pepper it will dispense a soda from like the Sunkist orange slot.  Can someone tell me why this might be happening?  Thanks for your help

It sounds like the cam setting on the motor is wrong. Depending on what model machine you have and what you are vending, make sure the motor cam settings are correct. If you have a 2deep machine, the cam on the vend motor should be set to have 2notches for the switch are to fall in after a vend. If it is a wide column then there should be 4 notches. The second problem sounds like the STS option has linked columns together in the programming. It would be more helpful to know the make and model number of machines whenever you post a question. We can be more specific in replies that way. Good luck

Since it is a single price machine, check that the cam setting is correct and that all motor switches are resting in the valley of the cams. Also make sure that the selection buttons are not sticking. With age the buttons wear and can get loose in the frame get held in after a vend. Then someone inserts money and it will automatically vend that selection. Or as Cajun suggests, bad switch

Since you said the vend motor was changed out and if this is a narrow column, you probably have the rotor 180 degrees out of time.  You will need to remove the motor while noting the location of the vend rotor.  After the motor is off you need to rotate the rotor 180 before reinstalling the motor.  This is only something to do if you rule out a gummed up motor brake or motor switch.  

For the Sunkist pre-selection issue, if it's not the Sunkist button sticking in then you have a gummed up motor brake or a bad motor switch on the Sunkist motor.  Manually vend the Sunkist motor and pay close attention to how quickly the brake reacts and if it might allow the motor to coast past the notch the switch falls into.  If it coasts then you have a gummed up brake or a broken nylon hook.  You can clean the brake pivot points with glass cleaner and tap on the brass actuator to work it into the joints.  

Archived