AP7000 asking for exact change even after a couple bucks

Hello All,

love this site, been reading and learning alot. I have an AP7000. the machine will accept 1 or 2 dollars and then the "use exact change" light goes on. I've tried using those magic stripe cleaning cards, still doesn't help. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

This issue is certainly a coin mech issue as that's were this machine will get the use coins only signal from.  Make sure you have sufficient coins in all of your tubes.  If all the coin tubes are full then you may need to replace the coin mech as one or more tube sensors are bad.  You can PM me for a replacement if needed.

I've got a cb700 same thing, I replaced the board and mine did same thing, then I refilled it the proper way still the same, just hit mode button let it reset then I'm fine for a few days, this is a Nickle n dime biz can't afford to buy new parts all the time

Hello All,

love this site, been reading and learning alot. I have an AP7000. the machine will accept 1 or 2 dollars and then the "use exact change" light goes on. I've tried using those magic stripe cleaning cards, still doesn't help. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

You have a bad tube sensor in your coin mech which is tellling the machine you're too low on change for the BA to work.  You'll need to swap out the coin mech as you can't repair these sensors in the field.

Archived