BA50 Validator not working...

Hi all, new to the forum to see if anyone can help me solve this issue.  I have a Royal G-III soda machine equipped with CoinCo coin and BA50B Bill validator.

My machine has been in storage for a few years and everything worked when it was shut down. I cannot get the bill validator to accept bills, it has power and cycles when machine is powered up, but the red LED is NOT lit.  It flashes error codes when I remove the lower assembly.  The change tubes are all filled, and this machine does not have any sensors to tell it that there's no product in it.  But I have loaded some can in just to be sure.  It accepts change and vends perfectly, but refuses to take in bills.  It wont even try to pull them in...nothing.  I have blown out dust, checked connections to no avail...I know the LED needs to be lit to show that it is ready but it is not. Thanks for any help.

If you haven't properly filled the coin tubes on the coin mech then the validator will be disabled.  Also, just because the machine worked when you stored it doesn't mean it will work when you use it next.  I can tell you that the validator will need to be rebuilt bacause the belts will go bad after years of storage.  Follow the tube fill programming to properly fill the coin tubes and then see if a rebuilt validator works.  You may also be low on freon now, so be prepared for that.

You can PM me for a replacement if you need one.

I emptied out the coin mech and re-filled it via the tube fill method.  I inserted 20 of each coin and the display verified each coin received.  The red LED is still not lit and it still won't accept bills.  Other than the Bill Validator the machine works perfectly, it's not short cycling and cools right down when I plug it in.  It has always been a very reliable unit.  The BA50B that is in there was rebuilt shortly before going into storage and has been used very little.

Hi all, new to the forum to see if anyone can help me solve this issue.  I have a Royal G-III soda machine equipped with CoinCo coin and BA50B Bill validator.

My machine has been in storage for a few years and everything worked when it was shut down. I cannot get the bill validator to accept bills, it has power and cycles when machine is powered up, but the red LED is NOT lit.  It flashes error codes when I remove the lower assembly.  The change tubes are all filled, and this machine does not have any sensors to tell it that there's no product in it.  But I have loaded some can in just to be sure.  It accepts change and vends perfectly, but refuses to take in bills.  It wont even try to pull them in...nothing.  I have blown out dust, checked connections to no avail...I know the LED needs to be lit to show that it is ready but it is not. Thanks for any help.

That's a great machine.  If you're putting this machine out on location, I'd replace that validator with a Mars VN2512 - it'll hold up much better than the Coinco units.

I noticed that the VN2512 is a 24v Validator and I believe mine is a 120v unit correct? Curious how difficult it would be to retrofit the mars unit into my machine... I'm an electrician by trade, so I can handle whatever mods are necessary.  The CoinCo validator has been the only problem I have ever had with this machine...failed twice now.

Any ideas what else could be preventing the validator from accepting bills?  I don't mind replacing it with a new one but I want to be sure that there's not another problem that will affect the new one as well.  Thanks for your help so far :)

The BA50B that is in there was rebuilt shortly before going into storage and has been used very little.

It doesn't matter that it was worked on just before storage.  If it was in a hot and cold environment or a dusty one, but especially a hot one like a storage shed over the summer, then it will have damaged belts and/or dirty sensors.  They can't sit for years as you said it did and survive as though it was rebuilt yesterday, unless you keep it in an controlled environment like your house.  Even then the belts will develop a memory of where they sat on the rollers and they will not last very long due to stretching or dead spots in the belts.

Sorry for the long delay in my posts....they have to approve all my posts until I have been "Deemed worthy" lol....

Nothing personal....

The rest of my post has been deleted. I'm trying to become a new man.

Sorry for the long delay in my posts....they have to approve all my posts until I have been "Deemed worthy" lol....

The all mighty caserri, has to approve you!

Don't fret!

I made it! After sliding a bag full of golphers, he approve me.

lol!

cajun

Wachit Cajun. The approval button goes both ways but a bowl of gator stew may persuade me to keep you around. [emoji6]

So long as it's real Gator and not some Nutra Rat he found on the side of the road  ;D  ;D  ;D

I noticed that the VN2512 is a 24v Validator and I believe mine is a 120v unit correct? Curious how difficult it would be to retrofit the mars unit into my machine... I'm an electrician by trade, so I can handle whatever mods are necessary.  The CoinCo validator has been the only problem I have ever had with this machine...failed twice now.

You can use a Mars VN2511 which is 120v.  I have several GIIIs and they're all using 24v validators and coin mechs. Not sure why yours is set up for 120v.

So long as it's real Gator and not some Nutra Rat he found on the side of the road  ;D  ;D  ;D

Nutria is cleaner than a gator!

I would eat it, rather than a gator!

cajun 

Nutria is cleaner than a gator!

I would eat it, rather than a gator!

cajun 

I suppose that the only thing better than a Nutra Rat is a three day old road kill Nutra Rat  ;D  ;D  ;D

OK...I went ahead and ordered a rebuilt CoinCo MagPro MAG50B. I wanted one that's newer and already programmed for the new $5 bills. Also didn't want to deal with exchanging my old one for the same lousy model that has failed me twice already.  Anyone know if this is going to be plug and play with the same harness as the old BA50B? Or am I going to run into more headaches?  I'm planning on setting this machine up in it's new location next week. 

The one you quoted me was another BA50B and required me to return my old one. I don't want another BA50B since I have had nothing but problems with them. I asked you to price me a MagPro MAG50B but you never got back to me....my apologies but I needed one fast so I found a seller with good price, and offered expedited shipping. I'm still not convinced the validator is the problem but I haven't got another known good one sitting around.

OK so what I feared was going to happen has happened....I replaced the Validator with a known good MAG50B and it is doing exactly the same thing as the old BA50B.  It also has no status LED lit and refuses to take in bills.  The coin tubes are all filled to capacity and any coins inserted go right to the overflow coin box.  The machine is loaded with product and Vends perfectly using coins, but will not activate the validator.  I have scoured the internet for the correct manual for this machine but it does not seem to exist.  It is a Royal G-III Non-E.V.S by the layout of the menu structure. It's also not KO programming either.  All I have been able to find is a flow chart with no details.  The original ID tag got torn off years ago so I have no idea what the model and serial numbers are.   It has to be something wrong with the machine and not the validator....

So I got on the phone with Royal Vendors this morning and the guy was very helpful.  Turns out the GIII machines have 3 different operating systems....KO, E.V.S. & Non-EVS.

Mine is a Non-EVS and with that program structure there is an option to disable the bill validator for certain or all selections.  Not sure why that's in there but it is and somehow my machine got set to disable it for all.  So it was a matter of changing that one setting from a zero to a one and now it works!!  and by the way the old validator works as well.  There was nothing wrong with it just as I knew all along :)   Hopefully this will help others that may have this issue with older GIII's

Enter the internal menu

enter password

scroll to bUSA hit enter

display should show bACC hit enter

display should show ALL hit enter

change the 0 to a 1 hit enter, close door and feed $ into bill acceptor :)

Archived