How to change the lock on dn501e

So i opened my machine tonite and there was a bang when i twisted the lock the first turn now it wont tighten the whole way down the nut seems fine but at its tightest the door isnt closed.  Seems like theres alot to do to change the lock can anyone help thanks.

The threads on the t handle seem okay too its like the t is hitting the machine when i tighten it now before it gets tight, i turn it the whole way and the door is still open about an inch. Did i break the spring or something?  I think i overtightened it the last time it was open.

That means that the retaining ring inside the flange has broken or popped off. This will cause the spring inside the flange that holds the T-handle away from the door to lose it's tension. You have to remove the retaining ring, washer and spring from the threaded end to remove the T-handle assembly from the flange. Once this is apart you will need to replace any damaged parts and then put it back together.

If you need any replacement parts for it you can PM me.

I think i fixed it, didnt know it was gonna be so easy to remove the t handle.  It seems the rear c clip that comes out with the handle stretched open i think it might have been messed up before i got it because i used to have to push in on handle to get it started when shutting the door.  The rod that has the threads on it has a hole in the end of it inside the lock where a little bar went through it to hold it into place.  Is there supposed to be a spring behind the bar where the rod holds it to lock?  There wasnt one there wnen i took it apart thanks again.

Looking at it from the rear of the T-handle you assemble it this way:  insert the stud with the pin in the rod then slide a spring on the stud to butt up against the end of the handle.  Sqeeze the spring toward the handle and then snap a retaining ring into the slot that that will hold the spring tension against the handle.  This is what provides the spring pressure that holds the T-handle away from the coin insert so it can turn.  Slide the entire assembly inside the flange making sure that there is a hex brass washer inside it first.  Then slide the second spring onto the stud from the threaded end up against the back side of the flange, add a washer and then the retaining clip to hold the spring pressure there.

The internal spring must be between the butt end of the T-handle and the retaining clip. You also must have a good spring or you won't get the needed compression to hold the handle away from the door.

Im pretty sure i have it put together right nothing was missing or broke seems to be ok now thanks again,  Also how tight should i make it when i shut the door should i tighten it until it stops or just until it gets hard?

You just want to snug it up as the door looses any play in it.  Just as the lock begins to tighten check for door play.  If there is none then another 1/2 turn or so is sufficient.

Archived