What's it worth?

donut

About 2 years ago, I purchased a FSI soda machine and a FSI 3141 snack machine for $200... (The snack machine was part of a "package deal").   Actually, I only wanted the soda machine since I don't do snacks.  Anyhow, I figured I would eventually sell the snack machine, so I painted the thing, then kind of forgot about it.  It's just been sitting in the garage, collecting dust since that time.

One of my clients is the County recreation agency...  that is, they run the community swimming pool areas for 3 different cities in the County during the summer.  At 2 of the pool areas, they already have snack machines.  Last week, they told me they wanted a snack machine at the 3rd pool.  Of course, I immediately thought of the FSI 3141.  I told them I' get back to them with a price....  

I checked out the machine this evening.  Looks like one of the motors is bad, and I think I need to replace the keypad (the 7,8, and 9 buttons don't seem to work).  I also need to clean up the clear plastic selection buttons (they're kinda cloudy) and I figure I'll get a refurbished coin mech and bill validator (24v), since I don't want to sell them something that they're going to complain about 2 weeks later.

Which brings me to the question...  Once I do these things, what do you think the thing would be worth?  I don't want to be TOO greedy (which absolutely goes against my normal practice...  lol)...

Also, if anyone knows where I can get the abovementioned parts inexpensively, please let me know.

About 2 years ago, I purchased a FSI soda machine and a FSI 3141 snack machine for $200... (The snack machine was part of a "package deal").   Actually, I only wanted the soda machine since I don't do snacks.  Anyhow, I figured I would eventually sell the snack machine, so I painted the thing, then kind of forgot about it.  It's just been sitting in the garage, collecting dust since that time.

One of my clients is the County recreation agency...  that is, they run the community swimming pool areas for 3 different cities in the County during the summer.  At 2 of the pool areas, they already have snack machines.  Last week, they told me they wanted a snack machine at the 3rd pool.  Of course, I immediately thought of the FSI 3141.  I told them I' get back to them with a price....  

I checked out the machine this evening.  Looks like one of the motors is bad, and I think I need to replace the keypad (the 7,8, and 9 buttons don't seem to work).  I also need to clean up the clear plastic selection buttons (they're kinda cloudy) and I figure I'll get a refurbished coin mech and bill validator (24v), since I don't want to sell them something that they're going to complain about 2 weeks later.

Which brings me to the question...  Once I do these things, what do you think the thing would be worth?  I don't want to be TOO greedy (which absolutely goes against my normal practice...  lol)...

Also, if anyone knows where I can get the abovementioned parts inexpensively, please let me know.

I'm not familiar with that particular model but if you get it all fixed up then they couldn't complain too much about $800. When you go to replace that keypad membrane, just remember to tape all those little clear selection buttons to the front panel before you pull the old membrane but first make sure the ribbon is completely connected at both ends.  AZ probably has the parts you're looking for.

I can send all the parts you need to fix this up if you'll PM me.  There are questions though about what keypad and motor you need.  There were two different ones used of each in these machines.  First, does the keypad ribbon cable come off the top or bottom of the keypad.  Second, what is the part number on your motor?  It could be 4034342 or 4209662 (probably the latter.)

This should be a red display F80 machine and be running MDB mech and validator.  Please also confirm that for me.

Make sure it has a mars bill validator  when going to a swimming pool. Kids will use wet bills and anything but mars will jam up. Also by having a mars MDB you should be able to get $1,000 if the vendor looks good and is in good shape. Prices should also be quarter increments so they don't have to watch change in mech  

I can send all the parts you need to fix this up if you'll PM me.  There are questions though about what keypad and motor you need.  There were two different ones used of each in these machines.  First, does the keypad ribbon cable come off the top or bottom of the keypad.  Second, what is the part number on your motor?  It could be 4034342 or 4209662 (probably the latter.)

This should be a red display F80 machine and be running MDB mech and validator.  Please also confirm that for me.

Careful Randy, don't let him talk you into any discounts - he's notoriously frugal (probably worse than Kiwi) or con you into driving up there and installing them for him (he might buy you lunch)  ;D  ;D  ;D

Moondog....  I'm hurt.  You make me sound like a cheapskate....  I'd never ask AZ to install a machine for lunch....

...but if he wanted to install it and then take me to lunch, well that's up to him......

Sent you a pm, AZ.

-Donut (always frugal, never cheap...  lol)

Moondog....  I'm hurt.  You make me sound like a cheapskate....  I'd never ask AZ to install a machine for lunch....

...but if he wanted to install it and then take me to lunch, well that's up to him......

Sent you a pm, AZ.

-Donut (always frugal, never cheap...  lol)

That's funny Donut - weren't you the guy that wanted me to drive from Pasadena to Iona and back awhile back to help you fix some POS soda machine you got for free ?  All for the promise of a free lunch - I'd have been money ahead to just go over to the Polo Lounge at the Beverly Hilton and buy my own lunch. ;D  ;D  ;D

Careful Randy, don't let him talk you into any discounts - he's notoriously frugal (probably worse than Kiwi) or con you into driving up there and installing them for him (he might buy you lunch)  ;D  ;D  ;D

How did I get roped into this discussion... ;D  

Archived