mei 4000 coin mech troubles

Hi last nite we had bad thunderstorms and now today it wont except coins.  I opened it up and there was no light on at all, i shut it down and then powered it back on to have it flashing 5 times it says liquid ingress.  There was water dripping down the coin guide so i took out the coin holder and there were drops in there. I blew it out and then i was getting 2 flashes and now back to no light at all.  Has anyone heard of this how could that much water be getting in the coin slot?  It still doesnt accept coins do you think it just needs to dry out? 

Somebody tried to do you a favor by pouring liquid into slot for coins to wash it out for you.

Hoping for it to jackpot!

Moisture and coin mechs. don't mix.

Have it fixed or buy a Mars CF7512i.

I just had two VN4510 fixed for $80 a piece. Six month warranty.

cajun

But if i just replace it the next thunderstorm will ruin the new one right?  Are they not made to be outside i mean i see alot of machines outside with no cover overtop?  The machine in a dn501e i think from 2003 my uncle has a 1980s model and has never done a thing to it and it sits outside.  

They are outdoor rated but not against water entering the coin chute. If you had high winds that drove the water into the front of the machine then there's not much you can do. There is a snap together coin chute designed to divert moisture before it gets to the coin mech. I can find one for you if you want to try it. In the meantime you'll need to replace the coin mech. PM me if you want a mech or the coin chute.

But if i just replace it the next thunderstorm will ruin the new one right?  Are they not made to be outside i mean i see alot of machines outside with no cover overtop?  The machine in a dn501e i think from 2003 my uncle has a 1980s model and has never done a thing to it and it sits outside.  

If water is pouring into your machine, it may be because your rubber gasket is shot which can also lead to premature compressor failure (which costs a lot more than a coin mech).

it was only through the coin chute, everything else was dry above it i think its like he said the wind and rain was so strong it was just blowing it right into the front, you could see where inside the chute was wet. I think i will start on adding a roof to atleast keep some of the rain off it.  These parts are to exspensive to keep replacing the bil exchanger doesnt work either 

it was only through the coin chute, everything else was dry above it i think its like he said the wind and rain was so strong it was just blowing it right into the front, you could see where inside the chute was wet. I think i will start on adding a roof to atleast keep some of the rain off it.  These parts are to exspensive to keep replacing the bil exchanger doesnt work either 

Your BA will never work without a good coin mech in there.  This is because the machine knows it can give change at that point.

The 7512 is MDB only and the 4000 could be micromech.  If that is the case then you have to put a MDB harness on your machine to get the 7512 to hook up, then you'll need a validator MDB harness as well.

Archived