Bevmax not accepting money

You can't turn the sensor off. That setting only prevents the machine from using the sensor to give a refund if a vend isn't made. The sensor is also there to keep a product from falling onto a product already in the bin and that's where the Remove Product message is from. Keep the sensor, re-aim it and properly secure it so it will work properly. The sensor is one of the best features when coupled with the retry limit set to 3. This gives a customer up to 3 attempted vends before they get their money back so no money is lost in the machine. Defeating the sensor should only be done on a temporary basis while you get a new sensor installed, if that's what's needed.

Yes, I'm a proponent of the vend sensors because of their value and my ability to always adjust one if it works right.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like AZ mentioned above you can NOT turn of the sensor in the programming... you can only disable the sensors refund feature so disabling it will not fix the problem you are having with the machine but you do have a couple of options that will solve your problem.

You could either:

- re-aim the sensors as AZ suggested

- bypass the sensors by shorting out the wires on the sensor harness

- disconnect your delivery bin sensor & only use the top sensor which is the sensor below the bottom tray. The top sensor will need to

be connected directly into the control board instead of being plugged into the dual vend sensor adapter.

I think your problematic sensor is more likely the one in the delivery bin so I would probably unplug it & only use the top sensor if I was you... unless you are vending glass bottles in which case you would want to have a delivery bin sensor to stop another glass bottle from being vended on-top of it.    

Shorting the sensor is not advisable. There is only 1 way and if you are wrong you will burn up the board. Early 5591's had a manual thermostat and the later ones had a temperature probe that was routed thru that drop sensor board if you disable the board the compressor won't come on. If you don't have the drop sensors with the red laser light replace them. You will save yourself a lot of misery. I would start with calling D/N.   

ok, get over there and machine is fine but when I put my hand in the bin I get the "remove product" outage and am not able to clear it. 

So, I power down and up and that still doesn't clear it.  I power down and unplug the sensor from the board.  Now, I power up and am getting a constant beep.  I power down, plug back in and still get the constant beep. So, I power down and put an out of order sign on.

I call a semi-local vending repair place, 50 miles away.  They say I can disable the sensor with a jumper which I order and will be here overnight.  I asked the rep, who is clearly in a hurry to get off phone, about the constant beeping and he says the jumper installed should fix that as the sensor is either mis-aligned or bad.

I'm sure there is only one sensor and that is the one in the bottom bin.   Any other advise?   I really appreciate the input from everyone.

There are many different reasons that could cause that error to show

You are best to read the TROUBLESHOOTING “SELECTION WILL NOT VEND” ISSUES section on pages 37-38 of the manual

https://www.azdes.gov/InternetFiles/RSAVendingManuals/pdf/dn_3561_baby_bevmax_operators_manual.pdf

I don't think that this problem is related to your other issue because it would only disable the 2 selections you mentioned above

I see the part #10 on page 55 of the manual you linked.  This also shows my assembly as a single sensor.  I might go ahead and order this part as well if DN has them in stock so I have it.  I'm feeling confident the jumper will fix my problem and that the sensor has gone out and that is why I'm getting the beeping sound.

I call a semi-local vending repair place, 50 miles away.  They say I can disable the sensor with a jumper which I order and will be here overnight.  I asked the rep, who is clearly in a hurry to get off phone, about the constant beeping and he says the jumper installed should fix that as the sensor is either mis-aligned or bad.

I hope that the repair place that you brought the jumper from explained that when installing the jumper you will need to disable the sensor in the programming or your customers will be able to empty your whole machine of product without paying a dime.

Adding the jumper will definitely stop the beeping & the message "Remove Product" from showing but you must make sure that you go into the programming & disable the sensor.

But fixing this error may create another problem for you now because every time the machine mis-vends your customers are going to loose their money.

I am not trying to say that you are doing the wrong thing by adding the jumper.. just wanting to make you aware of the side effects of doing it.  

Shorting the sensor is not advisable. There is only 1 way and if you are wrong you will burn up the board. Early 5591's had a manual thermostat and the later ones had a temperature probe that was routed thru that drop sensor board if you disable the board the compressor won't come on.  

Thanks Roger... I never knew this... maybe that why I should leave the tech advise to the experts & just stick to talking about beer  B)

yes, they did say that and I was able to find the disable sensor option via the menu last night.

So did they also explain that by disabling the sensor the refund feature will no longer work on the machine as-well? 

Do you understand what I mean by this?

I am curious about which model bex max you have now... I find it strange that your 55## model would only have 1x sensor even though this maybe the case if it was an early product model.

The older bev max 2145 & the even older ECC 2054 only had the 1x sensor so I am curious to see if your machine is actually either of those two models... do you know if your machine has tall gates or short gates?

It could well still be a 55## model but someone may have removed the 2nd sensor & dual adaptor board.

Could you take a picture of the machine next time you are onsite & post it on here? 

BevMax is the name given to the 58XX series...It isn't the 55XX. BevMax has a elevator and is not a drop. 55XX's have two drop sensors and the ones prior to that EEC example had only 1

ok, get over there and machine is fine but when I put my hand in the bin I get the "remove product" outage and am not able to clear it. 

So, I power down and up and that still doesn't clear it.  I power down and unplug the sensor from the board.  Now, I power up and am getting a constant beep.  I power down, plug back in and still get the constant beep. So, I power down and put an out of order sign on.

I'm sure there is only one sensor and that is the one in the bottom bin.   Any other advise?   I really appreciate the input from everyone.

You be scammed, you be scammed!  There is no official kit to bypass the vend sensor, only an old connector from one that has been jumpered.  You can do this yourself by cutting the three wires from the board connector and twisting the blue and black ones together, leaving brown alone.  This will fake the board into thinking it has a working sensor.

Again, I encourage you to re-aim your sensor.  You should also pull your recovery unit (delivery bin) and sight down through the holes the IR beam shines through.  Look for any stray threads from the padding, a loose bottle label, etc. that could be floating around in there and impeding the light beam.  While the bin is out you can determine how far off the beam is by taking a piece of paper or your hand and move it from outside of each edge of the reflective tape in toward the center to see how far you can get before the sensor is set off.  If the sensor is triggered close to any of the four sides of the reflector then that is the edge you need to adjust the beam AWAY from.  Try to get the beam centered as best you can and then secure the sensor and test the beam with the bin installed.  

If you need a sensor you can PM me for it.

I am curious about which model bex max you have now... I find it strange that your 55## model would only have 1x sensor even though this maybe the case if it was an early product model.

The older bev max 2145 & the even older ECC 2054 only had the 1x sensor so I am curious to see if your machine is actually either of those two models... do you know if your machine has tall gates or short gates?

It could well still be a 55## model but someone may have removed the 2nd sensor & dual adaptor board.

Could you take a picture of the machine next time you are onsite & post it on here? 

Some of the first 5500s had only one sensor as they were refurb units from DN and they hadn't yet unveiled the dual sensor models.

BevMax is the name given to the 58XX series...It isn't the 55XX. BevMax has a elevator and is not a drop. 55XX's have two drop sensors and the ones prior to that EEC example had only 1

Isn't the 55## model slightly wider than the other previous models as-well? 

You be scammed, you be scammed!  There is no official kit to bypass the vend sensor, only an old connector from one that has been jumpered.  You can do this yourself by cutting the three wires from the board connector and twisting the blue and black ones together, leaving brown alone.  This will fake the board into thinking it has a working sensor.

I think that this is the part that he ordered here.. http://www.capitalvending.com/cart.php?target=product&product_id=3168&category_id=173

Yep.  That can be made from any old sensor.

I guess if it was only $4.99... he wouldn't of saved that much if he would have made one himself.

I would of made one... but that's because i'm frugal  ;D

Isn't the 55## model slightly wider than the other previous models as-well? 

No, the 5500 used the same cabinet as the ECC machines used.  The insides were different in shelves, shelf brackets and recovery units after the refurbs were done.

yes, I think that is what I'm getting. 

Here is a picture of the machine I posted in another thread: http://vendiscuss.net/index.php?/gallery/image/1734-rightsizemachines/

The guy was telling me I could disable it by cutting the wires as mentioned earlier but I remembered that if I did it wrong it would burn up my board which I just bought a new one in Feb so I chose to go this route. I'm a noob so I wanted to go the route that was the least expensive with the least risk so I ordered the jumper that I could just plug in.

I called DN and they have the replacement sensor at $81.00 plus shipping.

Your machine looks like an older ECC model to me & may also have small gates but it's a bit hard to tell as I am only viewing on my phone.

I am sure that AZ will be able to confirm as his eyesite is far better than mine...

I think EEC's top shelf was closer to the top. You couldn't put anything larger than a 12oz can all the way back. I will point out the delivery has no anti theft on it. This will allow people to steal off bottom shelf. Don't put anything but water there or you might be losing product.

Your machine looks like an older ECC model to me & may also have small gates but it's a bit hard to tell as I am only viewing on my phone.

I am sure that AZ will be able to confirm as his eyesite is far better than mine...

Those appear to be tall gates as they should be since it's a 5500 model.

Those appear to be tall gates as they should be since it's a 5500 model.

I will take your word for it as your eyes are far better than mine.. especially after I have had a couple of "cold ones"  ;D

No, the 5500 used the same cabinet as the ECC machines used.  

Maybe it's just the cabinets on the 5591 & 2145 that are different. According to the DN manual the dimensions are:

PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS

DN 2145

HEIGHT 72” (1828.8 mm)

WIDTH 42” (1066.8 mm)

DEPTH 32” (812.8 mm)

BASE 6” (152.4 mm)

SHIPPING WEIGHT 622 lbs. (282 kg)

Glass door is 30” (762 mm) wide, 52” (1320.8 mm) high

DN 55## HEIGHT 72” (1828.8 mm)

WIDTH 43” (1092.2 mm)

DEPTH 32” (812.8 mm)

BASE 4.5” (114.3 mm)

SHIPPING WEIGHT 694 lbs. (314.8 kg)

Glass door is 33” (838.2 mm) wide, 56” (1422.4 mm) high

The manual could be wrong as I have never physically measured both models to compare...

The thing that made me think that it was an ECC 2054 was the surround around the coin return. I have never seen a 2145 or a 5591 model with this surround. Only 2054 have them here.

I am sure RexLex doesn't care which model he has as long as it's working...  ;D

I will take your word for it as your eyes are far better than mine.. especially after I have had a couple of "cold ones"  ;D

Maybe it's just the cabinets on the 5591 & 2145 that are different. According to the DN manual the dimensions are:

PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS

DN 2145

HEIGHT 72” (1828.8 mm)

WIDTH 42” (1066.8 mm)

DEPTH 32” (812.8 mm)

BASE 6” (152.4 mm)

SHIPPING WEIGHT 622 lbs. (282 kg)

Glass door is 30” (762 mm) wide, 52” (1320.8 mm) high

DN 55## HEIGHT 72” (1828.8 mm)

WIDTH 43” (1092.2 mm)

DEPTH 32” (812.8 mm)

BASE 4.5” (114.3 mm)

SHIPPING WEIGHT 694 lbs. (314.8 kg)

Glass door is 33” (838.2 mm) wide, 56” (1422.4 mm) high

The manual could be wrong as I have never physically measured both models to compare...

That could be the entire reason that there are two different glass doors available for the Bevmax.  I could never tell the difference in the cabinet sizes myself.

Archived