Dixie Narco 276E Noise

Hey everyone,

I was hoping that I could get your advice as to what might be the problem in my Dixie Narco 276E. I had to slide my machine out from its spot and slid it back in, now suddenly I have a noise coming from the evaporator motor / fan. I've attached a short video clip so you can see/hear what's going on : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWCJK-rWHNg .

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, as I'm not sure if it's an issue with the motor, fan, if the machine is not level, etc. 

Thank you in advance for your help!

Yes

The fan is hitting on shroud or something else.

Check bracket fan motor is screwed to, could be loose.

Check copper lines running above fan, one could be bent down slightly.

cajun

I was told by an experienced vendor that Dixie's are notorious for noises like this ... he would fold up a piece of cardboard and wedge it between the bell housing and the fan shroud, that nearly always fixed the issue.

This could be a bent evaporator coil as it's very easy to move and tweak.  Try pulling it away from the fan though it may not stay where you put it.  You might also have too large a fan motor.  Sometimes a shallow motor needs to be used to keep the fan away from the condenser.

Get a cable tie. If you look at the front of the deck there is a reticular hole right in the middle of the base. Take a long tie and route it through the hole and then into the center of the loop in the condenser. Pull it tight so it pulls the coils toward you and down some. If that don't work the the blade is most likely bent and will need straightened or replaced.    

• 4 weeks later...

Hey everyone!

Sorry about the late reply, it's been a crazy last few weeks! I finally got to it today, pulled the deck out and it looks like one of the fan blades was a bit bent for some reason. The imbalance in the blades seemed to be causing the shaft in the evap motor to vibrate, hence the noise. I straightened it out as close as I could to the rest, zip tied the motor down as well and the noise seems to be gone. We'll see how it holds up! Thanks again for all your input, it's greatly appreciated!

Archived