Older Crane Snack Machine

I have an older crane snack machine that won't take coins? Don't have the model # or info available here,I have replaced the coin mech with a tested one so I know it works, display reads exact change only but will take bills and give change?? Any suggestions beside shoot it!

I have an older crane snack machine that won't take coins? Don't have the model # or info available here,I have replaced the coin mech with a tested one so I know it works, display reads exact change only but will take bills and give change?? Any suggestions beside shoot it!

This sounds like the machine thinks the tubes are low.  You need to feed it some coins via the tube fill menu in the programming.  Or you could just try dropping a few nickels in the top of the coin mech - this will often get rid of the exact change readout.

Manually fill the tubes and then use coins only for a few vends until each denomination goes to the coin box instead of the tubes.  At this point the machine should recognize you have full tubes.  The other possibility is that both coin mechs have a bad tube sensor coincidentally.

Door switch.

Archived