DN276e Coinco M-D-B coin acceptor issue

Just got a call from the location. Coins were simply sliding through to the return bin. Bills were still being accepted but immediately returning in change.  When I opened up the machine I found that a bunch of dimes had jammed up at the top of the coin tube.  I cleared off that mess and opened the top of the acceptor where the coins slide in from the slot.  I cleared out the coins in there as well.  Moving the top part of the acceptor around sounded like there were more coins inside.  I was eventually able to move it around and get all the coins out of it.  It looks like everything is cleaned out now.

However when I close up the machine again and put a quarter in it doesn't sound like it is going anywhere and ".25" doesn't flash on the display.  I'm able to put a couple coins in and then all other coins simply fall through to the return bin. The top part of this coin mech has a spring loaded flap that covers the top coin entry slot along with the ramp that the coin will roll down from the left to the right.  On the right side there is a little plastic diverter (?) that looks like it is normally closed but when the first two coins went in they were trapped by this plastic piece and held there.

I really wish I knew the right terminology here. and I hope this makes sense.

Is there something that is making the coins get stuck in the plastic diverter ? could there be another hidden coin stuck in there so tight it doesn't rattle around? or is this coin mech simply shot?

Thanks,

Eric

Will it take coins when door is open? If so then when you close the door the coin return is pushing on the lever on coin mech holding it a bit open so the coins are rejected. If that is the case try to loosen the t handle a bit and see if it works then. If it does you will have to adjust the coin lever on machine. If it isn't accepting any with the door open then there is most likely something still in mech. Unplug the power and remove the flight deck and make sure there isn't anymore coins stuck. You may need to replace coin mech at this point.

Thanks for the advise.  I'm not sure what you mean by "flight deck" though.  I was able to go  back and take a look at the coin mech.  It wasn't accepting coins with the door open or closed. I turned off the machine and took off the top part of the acceptor.  Nothing seemed to rattle around like a loose coin.I tried to use a flat screwdriver and come up from the bottom to see if I could unjam a coin... no luck... I then tried to gently pry open the gate (not deflector like I originally called it).gently moving the screwdriver around in there apparently did loosen up a dime & nickle that had been wedged in.  Once they were out I was able to put it back together and the soda machine is now working fine.

Many thanks for the assist.

Archived