How much should I pay?

I don't see a soda machine nor any mention of one so you'll only be buying a snack machine. He doesn't even mention what the monthly sales are or bothers to fill the entire machine. I'd say he doesn't have time for it because it doesn't make enough money to warrant a full machine. The machine could have a late model Mars validator but it could also be an obsolete VFM and it has had a BAD refront job done to it. Unless he can prove significant sales you will nust be buying a used machine "in storage." Lowball only and see where it goes.

What coin mech and validator are in it.  You don't want an MC5000 mech or any metal validator - those would need to be replaced.  Does it look good - paint and the front.  Does it need selection or price labels.  What overall condition is the machine in.  I've seen some real horrible AP7000s when they aren't taken care of.  Test all the buttons on the keypad and put the logic board into the TEST mode to verify that all segments of the display work.  While in TEST you can then use the coin payout buttons on the logic board to test the coin mech payout solenoids.

I'm going to look at a snack machine on location to purchase tomorrow. It is located at an oil service company that holds training classes at times. From the pictures, what can you tell me about the machine. What would a fair price be for it?

http://bakersfield.craigslist.org/bfs/5056373779.html

$1800 is way too much for that old machine. If everything works $500-$600.

The AP7600 is a rock solid work horse if it has been maintained but not worth anything close to $1,800 unless this is a smokin' location.  I don't care for snack machine only locations as they usually can't do enough revenue without a soda machine to be worth your time.  I suppose this one all comes down to how much training they do there, if it's a ghost town most of the time you definitely don't want it.  I might consider it only if I could add a soda machine.

Archived