Seaga HY800/850 - 2 bottle bins won't vend?

Looking for some trouble shooting help. I inherited a "healthy you" combo vending machine as part of a route I purchased. I believe these are Seaga units in a healthy wrap. The model looks to be HY800/HY850. The unit is 3 years old. 2 of the bins have stopped vending drinks. On the drink sections bin 1,2,3 are soda cans and bins 4,5,6 are bottled drinks. All 6 bins are on the same strip and bin 6 is where the main control for the row is mounted. Bins 1,2,3,4 all vend without a problem but when I try to vend from bins 5 or 6 I get a failure message immediately and the coil doesn't attempt to turn and the green light on the motor does not come on.

I attempted most the basic steps. I emptied the bins entirely to make sure nothing was jammed. I later did this for the whole row. I powered the machine off and on a few times. I then disconnected all of wires and reconnected them but the problem persisted. I thought maybe the motors went so I took the working motors off bins 3 and 4 as a test and when I made the switch the working motors got the same failure message and The working motors did not vend when moved to the 5 and 6 bin. The motors on bins 5 and 6 that would not vend worked as usual when I switched them into the bins 3 and 4 position. So the motors are good.

Next I reconnected everything and manually turned the coils inside bins 5 and 6 when I do this the green light that usually comes on during a vend did light up briefly while the coils was in motion.

I'm not sure what to try next. Has anyone had this problem before?

The machine is located in Jersey City, NJ so given that I'm still rather new to repair work if anyone can recommend a vending company or person that does repairs in this area I always like having a reliable worst case scenario option. As most of you can imagine I did try contacting 1800 vending's tech support and in 2 days no one has returned a call or email so I expect I'm on my own.

You should probably call Seaga "tech support" about this.  They will at least answer the phone and usually call back if you leave a message.  You are troubleshooting it properly and have already answered come of my questions.  I would suspect the "main control for the row" that you see on motor 6 as the culprit.  Either that or the main logic board.  Have you tried just test vending through the logic board?  Might it be the sold out switches or the motor switches not being seen?  I have worked on some Healthy You machines but I'm not sure if they are the same model as what you have.

AZ that's my next move was just to call Seaga from the site. How would I test from the main logic board? I considered the sold out switches so I tried both disconnecting and reconnecting the wiring to them then reloading the bins but the issue persisted. The oddest thing is bin 5 wouldn't vend for the entire 2 hours I was at the machine. When I reconnected everything wire wise and reloaded the bins. Bin 6 would vend once only then resume failing. I was only able to get it to do that twice over the 2 hours so I can't explain the inconsistency short of an electrical issue. 

Oh sorry I wasn't following. Almost all the testing I did on the machine we through the test vend feature in the machine management menu. I did not try vending by putting coins in the machine as I didn't think the result could be different. If so I'll try putting money in the machine and seeing if I get a different result.

Archived