First Honor Boxes Located

I placed my first 6 honor boxes yesterday so I am excited to see how they will do. I used the sheridan locator and they are going to locate my ohter 4 boxes too.   I do have a few questions and concerns though. 

2 of my boxes were placed at waffle houses.  And employees in both of the locations pretty much said it may not be a good idea to place the boxes there because their customers like to steal.  I figured shortage is a part of owning boxes so I placed them anway and will probably give it a month and see what happens. Another location I placed the box and the guy said last month another lady box of candy got stolen.  (Don't think it was a mint honor box).  So I am concerned.

Has anybody else placed boxes in locations where employees warned them that it may not be a good idea?  If so how did it turn out?

One more question I put 50 mints in each box would it be best to check the boxes in 2 weeks or 1?  

i have had several accounts that voiced their concern and have yet to have a box stolen.  I did have one with outrageous shrinkage so pulled box.  To me its one of those things that come with honor boxes, with the cheap cost of boxes i can't worry myself with losing a box or 2.  I have many boxes that empty out 120 mints in 5-8 days, all are very busy restaurants.  I would check them in a week and start getting a feel for what they need to last your desired service cycle.

I have had multiple people warn me about the boxes being stolen but I have only had 1 stolen and it was from a restaurant on a college campus so it was most likely drunk people. Overall the boxes do very well and you will most likely pay them off within a month of having them out so losing one isn't too bad. Also I would check them after a week because 50 mints can go fast

I placed my first 6 honor boxes yesterday so I am excited to see how they will do. I used the sheridan locator and they are going to locate my ohter 4 boxes too.   I do have a few questions and concerns though. 

2 of my boxes were placed at waffle houses.  And employees in both of the locations pretty much said it may not be a good idea to place the boxes there because their customers like to steal.  I figured shortage is a part of owning boxes so I placed them anway and will probably give it a month and see what happens. Another location I placed the box and the guy said last month another lady box of candy got stolen.  (Don't think it was a mint honor box).  So I am concerned.

Has anybody else placed boxes in locations where employees warned them that it may not be a good idea?  If so how did it turn out?

One more question I put 50 mints in each box would it be best to check the boxes in 2 weeks or 1?

I would live there and watch them like a hawk. I would take the employees advice and not leave them there, they will not survive.

I have a box at a Check n Go and also at a "goodwill" type place.  You would think those would be terrible for having items taken without paying, right?

Nope.  80 pieces a week with about $18 in there every time at the Check n Go.   I'm always amazed.

You just never know.

Archived