coin counter

I'm posting this in the full line forum since you guys have the most experience in dealing with multiple denominations of coins.  Trying to maximize efficiency while servicing honor boxes and want to keep track of revenues for each location.  My thought was to mount a coin counter on top of a small safe with a drop slot with coins being fed into a bag inside the safe.  I don't handle near as much money as you guys but if i'm only hitting the bank once or twice a week don't want that much money just laying in the seat so thats the reason for the safe.  So most counters I'm familar with count 1 denomination at a time I know there is a couple that count all and sort into seperate bins or tube rolls.  Is one of these my best option?  For example the Cassida 200  http://cassidausa.com/C200.html

I personally dont have a coin counter, but from what I know the larger more commercial ones are going to multiple bags for each type of coin and the counter keeps track of how many goes into each bag. From what I have been told cummins makes some pretty good units.

I'm posting this in the full line forum since you guys have the most experience in dealing with multiple denominations of coins.  Trying to maximize efficiency while servicing honor boxes and want to keep track of revenues for each location.  My thought was to mount a coin counter on top of a small safe with a drop slot with coins being fed into a bag inside the safe.  I don't handle near as much money as you guys but if i'm only hitting the bank once or twice a week don't want that much money just laying in the seat so thats the reason for the safe.  So most counters I'm familar with count 1 denomination at a time I know there is a couple that count all and sort into seperate bins or tube rolls.  Is one of these my best option?  For example the Cassida 200  http://cassidausa.com/C200.html

Steer clear of the plastic ones Mainor - you get what you pay for but you don't necessarily need a Cummins is pretty much the Cadillac.  I found a nice barely used Semacon on Craigslist for $225.  I do about $500 a week in change so for me it's a must.

This is one of those situations of  buy once cry once. If you go cheap it will be a pain and frustrating. Look on ebay and CL for a decent commercial one at a good deal. 

I personally dont have a coin counter, but from what I know the larger more commercial ones are going to multiple bags for each type of coin and the counter keeps track of how many goes into each bag. From what I have been told cummins makes some pretty good units.

How do you count and sort your coin? 

How do you count and sort your coin? 

I get bulk coin bags from my bank. 1 for each account. at the end of the month I take all the bags to my bank where to count them for free and tell me how much was in each bag. Then I add it to my excel sheet so it gets factored into my commissions at the end of the month.

I have a cummins bill counter though that counts and sorts all the cash (1's and 5's)

I get bulk coin bags from my bank. 1 for each account. at the end of the month I take all the bags to my bank where to count them for free and tell me how much was in each bag. Then I add it to my excel sheet so it gets factored into my commissions at the end of the month.

I have a cummins bill counter though that counts and sorts all the cash (1's and 5's)

Great service from the bank, many dont do that. 

Archived