Purchase 4 Machines

tnycman

Got me 4 machines today 2 national 146, and 2 vendo soda machines #407 for $700 thuoght was a good deal and didn't want to let it go this time..

Actually the guy said he can do $600, but once i found out the guy was sick and had to shut his route, i felt bad negotiating and i gave him his asking price.

Regardless, its a goo deal.. well at i least i like to think so.

What you guys think ?

Are they on location?  Be careful with machines that are that old.  The 146s may not be validated or they could still have the old obsolete Maka validators in them.  The Vendos might be what's called "lowering shelf" models without rotors in the bottoms of each column.  If that's the case then when a column begins to mis-vend there isn't any way to correct or adjust it and no parts are available for those vend mechanisms.  If these aren't as I warned, then congratulations.

Got me 4 machines today 2 national 146, and 2 vendo soda machines #407 for $700 thuoght was a good deal and didn't want to let it go this time..

Actually the guy said he can do $600, but once i found out the guy was sick and had to shut his route, i felt bad negotiating and i gave him his asking price.

Regardless, its a goo deal.. well at i least i like to think so.

What you guys think ?

I would be hesitant to invest any money at all in single priced soda machines which I believe that the 407s are and you need to check the 146 shelves each time you reload them to make sure that the shelf is actually engaged. The 147s and 146s both have a very poor shelf connection design so you'll need to do a price check on one item per shelf each time you close up the machine.  $700 isn't bad if you can find locations for these old machines but next time go for something a bit newer.

I would be hesitant to invest any money at all in single priced soda machines which I believe that the 407s are and you need to check the 146 shelves each time you reload them to make sure that the shelf is actually engaged. The 147s and 146s both have a very poor shelf connection design so you'll need to do a price check on one item per shelf each time you close up the machine.  $700 isn't bad if you can find locations for these old machines but next time go for something a bit newer.

The 146 is the 4 wide version of a 145. 148 is the 147 version. 

To update the bill validator to a mars 25XX 110 volt you will need a bill validator board for the main board if it don;t have one now. Also E-Proms have to be updated. The cut out is difficult but can be done. No room for errors. I have used a coinco BA 30 and installed it right above the door latch, Once again no room for error. I made my own harness using the Maka harness and then you don't have to have new E-Proms. Putting on lock side tho leaves it somewhat tempting for thieves.  Those doors on the 145/146 are easily jimmied if the roller at bottom of door is missing.   

The 146 is the 4 wide version of a 145. 148 is the 147 version. 

To update the bill validator to a mars 25XX 110 volt you will need a bill validator board for the main board if it don;t have one now. Also E-Proms have to be updated. The cut out is difficult but can be done. No room for errors. I have used a coinco BA 30 and installed it right above the door latch, Once again no room for error. I made my own harness using the Maka harness and then you don't have to have new E-Proms. Putting on lock side tho leaves it somewhat tempting for thieves.  Those doors on the 145/146 are easily jimmied if the roller at bottom of door is missing.   

Seems like a leraning curve for me with this machines, or all the machines for that matter.. I'm up for the challange, hope they will run for sometime I'm sure it wont look good if it breaks as soon as i place it in a location..

Archived