Northwestern Coin Mechanism Upgrade

packs179

I have a Northwestern S60 that I want to upgrade to a 50 cent mech from a 25 cent mech. If I buy just the coin carrier wheel for a 50 cent mech and install it on the 25 cent mech will that work? I was going to get the one pictured here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/330920299344?redirect=mobile

Also could I do the same thing for the Northwestern 80 when I upgrade to 75 cents and one dollar? Thanks!

Call Northwestern Corp to purchase an upgrade kit for the Super 60 and Super 80. You will need more parts than just the coin wheel.

Sent from my BN Nook HD using Tapatalk

On Super 60 machines you can't change just the coin carrier, you have to change the faceplate too, which pretty much makes it cost prohibitive. If memory serves the upgrade parts are $15-$16 without the .50c label ($1.50) and a new back to back mech with label is $21.

On Super 80 machines you can just change the coin carrier if you're starting with .50c mechs. If you have Super 80 .25c mechs then you need a new 2 coin bezel, coin pawls, coin springs and coin carrier.

As an aside almost all Super 80 coin carriers I get from Northwestern require a little bit of filing to keep them from being " notchy".

Thank you guys so much! I will order a new super 60 mechanism and I will get two of the coin carriers for the 80's. You guys saved me a lot of money. I thought I was going to have to buy all new mechs for every machine.

Now just a cotton-picking minute. How is $21 cost-prohibitive? If it only costs $21 to upgrade to 50c you'll make that up in a short time.

On Super 60 machines you can't change just the coin carrier, you have to change the faceplate too, which pretty much makes it cost prohibitive. If memory serves the upgrade parts are $15-$16 without the .50c label ($1.50) and a new back to back mech with label is $21.

I'm sorry I was unclear, what I meant was converting a Super 60 .25c mech to a .50c back to back just wasn't worth it because the difference in the cost of parts versus just buying a new mech is so small.

If you're running racks it's always worth it to buy new .50c mechs. The only thing you should be selling on a commission rack for .25c is gumballs or maybe a dead stock Treasure Mix.

Thanks! I asked northwestern about it and I ordered the kits to change the super 80's which were only $11.50 each and I ordered a 50 cent mech for the super 60. Now I'm thinking I should make 2 of them 50 cent mechs on the bottom. I was thinking of doing gumballs, runts, and sticky hands in the super 60's but would it be better to get another 50 cent mech for the bottom and sell acrylic rings instead of the runts?

Archived