i need help asap. Jammed Coin Mechanism, gumball machine

hello

i placed my machine 2 days ago, the owner calls me this morning mad bc the coin mech is jammed. I already went and looked at it and the coin mech is stuck and will not turn. How do I fix this? I am new to vending and have never fixed one.

If I cannot fix one is their a company in NY someone knows that can come in and repair?

I'm not familiar with the Wizard mechs but I would think you would need a phillips head screw driver for it.

Hopefully someone with experience with those machines can tell you how to unjam it.

Good luck in fixing it. Let us know how it goes.

Okay, I was hoping someone with a Wizard would answer, but I'll try. I own several Beavers but no Wizards and I've never had ocassion to go into the mech. On a standard Beaver the mech rests in slots on the sides and is removed by lifting vertically after the globe is removed.

A #2 phillips should be the only tool you need. Take the mech apart placing the first part you take off furtherest away from you, then take take the next part off and place it a little closer and so on. When you get the mech apart you will probably see something jammed into the coin carrier (the round thing the quarter goes into), remove whatever is jamming the machine and re-assemble in reverse order starting with the closest part. Hope this helps.

wow i wonder if its the coin mech at all or just a jammed gumball.

right now the coin mech simply wont budge.

to remove to coin mech i believe i need a snake eye drill bit or a snake eye screwdriver. i will try home depot for this.

Hello, it may not be the mech at all.  You may have a gumball that is jammed in the wheel.  This happened to me with my gas pump gumball machines (with the coin mech pictured in this thread) and it was the gumball wheel jammed.  If possible, empty the product and make sure that the wheel is aligned and sized correctly.

I have mostly Beavers but no Wizards. There have been a few occaisons where a quarter went about 3/4 of the way around and caught inside the mech because it was warped. That's about the only thing that messes with a beaver mech besides the problem with the wheel already mentioned. The candy/gum can get just hot enough in the right environment to act almost like cement to bond the wheel to the bottom of the machine. I've had this happen especially with skittles in our humid climate and after being in the field for a while.

When you get it fixed, offer the owner a cup of gumballs and apologize for the machine breaking. It always helps me when there is a problem.

Good luck.

Mark

Sorry....forgot to tell you....if it is a quarter stuck, take the mech completely out and take a screwdriver to "help" the coin on around to complete the vend cycle. Twist the handle too. Be careful not to jab yourself - it tends to really wake you up when you jab it into your hand or midsection (Yes, I do know this by experience).

Mark

Thank you to everyone here.

I initially thought it was the coin mech. If I hadnt wrote this post yesterday I would have took that right apart first thing. Turns out, it was a broken gumball in the cycle. I have removed it and tested the machine several times. It is now working as it should. I just hope this isnt a frequent problem (broken gumballs locking the cycle).

Thanks again to all for the help.