Frank's Fowl

BouncyBalls

I can buy a new candy house for just under two grand add 300 for stacker and 325 freight. But when I needed a new candy crane I choose S&B. Because they have 2 mechs when using bill head. Led multicolor chase lighting. All metal. About 30 tracks on the sound board. Very crisp clear sound. Larger candy claw so we can use toy mixes. Much deeper product bay. Cost was bout the same. But it will perform better and look very sharp on location...

You are right on about that S&B candy crane, it is exceptional. If a commercial bulk operator is going to survive the next 10 years, they are going to have to add electronic units to their route. Cranes are by far the leading form of 'electronic bulk vending'.

I took a long, long look at that unit during the past AMOA/NBVA show but have yet to pull the trigger. Did you add on the option to have the unit (candy crane) print coupons?? That option has helped some operators open the door to a certain pizza chain, for every x vends the unit prints a coupon for '$2 off large pizza' for example. The coupons will print whatever you want them to, so it will have the individual restaurant's name and phone number on each coupon. This 'targeted coupon' concept was started by Coinstar, but now we see it showing up in the bulk area. Just another new way to win the account.

I wasn't around a few years ago during the chicken nonsense, but it sounds like Frank knows what he's talking about... industry, and business in general. And I say good for him, he invented, produced, and distributed an innovative machine. It's more of a niche machine then a mass market game changer

• 2 weeks later...

My chicken machine is in a landfill somewhere. The POS broke down so much I dismantled it and tossed it. Never made money worth a darn either.

Complete opposite of HA, everyone of his does atleast $300/mo.

I wasn't around a few years ago during the chicken nonsense, but it sounds like Frank knows what he's talking about... industry, and business in general. And I say good for him, he invented, produced, and distributed an innovative machine. It's more of a niche machine then a mass market game changer

I guess you could say Frank laid a big egg!

My chicken machine is in a landfill somewhere. The POS broke down so much I dismantled it and tossed it. Never made money worth a darn either.

Did you run just one? What were the main problems with this "pos"? I bought 5 knock off toy chest awhile back. Those too are sitting at the bottom of a dump now. Wish I would've done more homework.

I'm curious too- more for posterity for Frank or whoever else thinks about making electronic bulk units in the future. I'd think the electronics on the unit would be a pain to fix if they ever got broken, but that is only an assumption of an opinion. I'd speculate further, but I don't want to ruffle any feathers.

My chicken machine is in a landfill somewhere.  The POS broke down so much I dismantled it and tossed it.  Never made money worth a darn either.

mine made good money but constant break downs not worth the trouble.  did anyone else have a better experience with the monkey machine coast to coast put out?

Did you run just one? What were the main problems with this "pos"? I bought 5 knock off toy chest awhile back. Those too are sitting at the bottom of a dump now. Wish I would've done more homework.

Only bought one to try it out and it never justified additional units.  Tried it all over the place to see if it would produce.  The rotating shaft would strip out, the wheels would fall off, the sound went to crap early on.

Archived