Dixie Narco 276M for a Beginner

Hello everyone.  Let me thank everyone in advance for your help.  I have made a small leap from bulk vending to full line by purchasing a used Dixie Narco 276M machine to place in my full time job.  However, I have a few questions that I hope some of you seasoned veterans could help with.

1.  I want to download a service manual for the machine.  I did find manuals online for a Series 90 and a Series II.  So, how can I determine which Series my machine is so that I can get the right manual?

2.  I am having difficulties getting the locking mechanism to lock.  The man that I purchased it from did it with no problem, so I know it is something that I am doing wrong.  I line it up and spin the lock, but cannot get it to seat locked.  Any advice?

3.  It appears that the machine is set up to hold bottles instead of cans.  How can I figure this out?  If it is for cans, it may just be that I do not yet know what to look for.  It just seems that the space is rather large for cans. 

That is all for now, although I am sure that there will be more questions to come.  Thank you!

Serial Number will tell you if it is a series 90 or lower. But the easiest way is to look at motor cover. If it says shimless stack then it is a series 90 or built in the nineties. 

The M stands for Magnum so what you have is a 276 Magnum or a flat front can vendor.

When closing door make sure there isn't any preventing the inner door like cables keeping the bolt from protruding through the hole in the inner door. That can impede the bolt from coming out far enough to reach the cage nut. Make sure vendor is level and when closing door it is pushed fully closed top and bottom. Sometimes you have to turn t handle counter clock wise then clockwise to get it to grab. 

Set the back spacer to fit 2 cans and then vend a few times to see if it vends one can or two. If it vends 2 then the motor came will need to be set. If only one can vends then everything is good.

Serial Number will tell you if it is a series 90 or lower. But the easiest way is to look at motor cover. If it says shimless stack then it is a series 90 or built in the nineties.

The M stands for Magnum so what you have is a 276 Magnum or a flat front can vendor.

When closing door make sure there isn't any preventing the inner door like cables keeping the bolt from protruding through the hole in the inner door. That can impede the bolt from coming out far enough to reach the cage nut. Make sure vendor is level and when closing door it is pushed fully closed top and bottom. Sometimes you have to turn t handle counter clock wise then clockwise to get it to grab.

Set the back spacer to fit 2 cans and then vend a few times to see if it vends one can or two. If it vends 2 then the motor came will need to be set. If only one can vends then everything is good.

How do you adjust the cam?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

1 Post a photo of the programing instructions glued to the inner door or the logic board so we can ID your machine.

2 Try adjusting the legs so the machines weight if on all 4 legs and the machine is level, the door will likely close better.

3 There should be label on the other side of the inner door with instruction on how the adjust for different packages.

Walta

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so was able to get the lock figured out.  I just didn't have it screwed on all the way.  As far as the series, the serial number does not say "90" in it, nor does the motor cover say "shimless stack", so I assume it is an older model.  Is there only one model earlier than a series 90?  I only ask because I want to download the correct manual so that I will be able to maintain the machine.  Again, I greatly appreciate all of your help!

The 276M is a Magnum model with all small buttons down the front of the door.  It was built beginning in about 1990 and should be a series 90 machine.  Here are some manuals to download for it:

http://69.129.141.51:8080/RD/techbulletins.nsf/e667893fe32caf4785256bcd0066752b/207a53d2f1a2240a85256bcd006517bf?OpenDocument

http://69.129.141.51:8080/RD/techbulletins.nsf/e667893fe32caf4785256bcd0066752b/859070edbe29725a85256bcd0069335a?OpenDocument

http://69.129.141.51:8080/RD/techbulletins.nsf/e667893fe32caf4785256bcd0066752b/931c67058c4606ac85256c8c0053f448?OpenDocument

How do you adjust the cam?

There is a screw in the face of each motor's timing cams, probably red/white on a wide column and either red/red or grey/grey on a narrow column.  Loosen the screw and the front cam can be adjusted.  For some settings you might need to remove the screw so the front cam will adjust far enough.

The 276M is a Magnum model with all small buttons down the front of the door. It was built beginning in about 1990 and should be a series 90 machine. Here are some manuals to download for it:

http://69.129.141.51:8080/RD/techbulletins.nsf/e667893fe32caf4785256bcd0066752b/207a53d2f1a2240a85256bcd006517bf?OpenDocument

http://69.129.141.51:8080/RD/techbulletins.nsf/e667893fe32caf4785256bcd0066752b/859070edbe29725a85256bcd0069335a?OpenDocument

http://69.129.141.51:8080/RD/techbulletins.nsf/e667893fe32caf4785256bcd0066752b/931c67058c4606ac85256c8c0053f448?OpenDocument

There is a screw in the face of each motor's timing cams, probably red/white on a wide column and either red/red or grey/grey on a narrow column. Loosen the screw and the front cam can be adjusted. For some settings you might need to remove the screw so the front cam will adjust far enough.

Thanks a lot! I appreciate it. I figured out tonight. the cam playing with it turns out the shaft that connects to the tray with the cans was worn so the pin had a lot of slop. I was able to put a bigger pin in it to make it work. I filled around it with jb weld to help reinforce it some. Not bad consider it says it was manufactured in '89.

I am still having problems getting the machine to lock.  HELP PLEASE.  I can get the door to shut and catch the bolt to the inside, but I am having trouble getting the actual T Lock to catch so that it stays shut with the key.  What am I doing wrong?

Also, I haven't been able to get the machine to vend anything yet.  The coin mech and everything appears to be connected (as far as I can tell).  I insert the coins, and they enter the coin mech.  However, I don't hear the machine trying to vend any product.  I have placed a few cans inside each chute, but there appears to be a problem that is preventing the machine from vending.  Any ideas??

Thank you!!!!

If you can screw the T-handle in and the door gets snug but the T-handle won't snap in and lock when you push it in then you have a warped flange behind the door.  Post a photo of your T-handle area from the right corner of the door so I can see which flange you have and I can send one to you.  You can also send the photos to my email at rbepic4gatgmaildotcom. 

When you put cans in the columns does at least one column then turn off it's sold out light?  If so then the coin mech issue is probably a motor switch not at home.  Looking at any motor, the home position is when the short switch arm is in a notch in your motor cam and the long switch arm is on the high side of the cam (not in a notch).  If you find any motor where both switch arms are on the high side that would be a jammed column or bad motor.  If you find any motor where both switch arms are in a notch that is a bad motor or bad switch.  Either issue will open the vend circuit and cause the machine to be unable to vend.  You'll probably find that if you were to unplug the machine and plug it back in you could again insert money up to the vend price with the same result.  This would confirm that the credit relay is working fine and the problem is in the motors. 

Also make sure that all motor wiring is connected to the switches properly.  If one is unplugged it will open the vend circuit.  There is 110v on each connector so be very careful.

Archived