Business Licenses

zactho1

You should at the very least have a license for the city you are based in.  You then can decide how legal you want to be in the other cities you operate in.  You might wait to see if you ever get a notice from one of them that they know you are operating and that you need to get a proper license. 

I'm definitely gonna echo AZ on this. I'd start out with a license for the jurisdiction where your main office (or home if homebased) will be located. I wouldn't worry about the other jurisdictions too much. Just make sure you pay the right sales tax.

I hold one license for my home jurisdiction as I'm homebased.  Paid $155 for the little sucker.

Thank you! I will definitely do that. If you don't mind me asking, how many licenses do you currently hold?

Sorry, I didn't see this before.  When I did full line vending I held a license in the city my warehouse was in which happened to also be the city the bulk of my machines were in.  I probably had 1/3 of them in other cities but didn't worry about licenses there until I picked up accounts for two different city governments and then I had to prove I was licensed in those cities as well.  Otherwise I didn't worry about any other cities and figured I'd only get a license if I was forced to by other cities, which never happened.  I did hold a state sales tax license as well.

Archived