LED Lighting

I'm looking to replace some of my fluorescent lights with LED's.  I was looking at the Cleanlife LED's from Vendors Exchange and they seem real simple to install.   Just wondering if this will eliminate the issues that fluorescent bulbs can cause since I'm still using the same setup minus the bulb and starter.

http://www.veii.com/innovations/ledbulbs

Thanks!
Kevin

I'm looking to replace some of my fluorescent lights with LED's.  I was looking at the Cleanlife LED's from Vendors Exchange and they seem real simple to install.   Just wondering if this will eliminate the issues that fluorescent bulbs can cause since I'm still using the same setup minus the bulb and starter.

http://www.veii.com/innovations/ledbulbs

Thanks!

Kevin

On older vendors this is a very good way to eliminate the interference the fluorescents create. Ap 4000 and AP 7600  is a must. National 145 National 430 and 431's are just a few examples. Not only that they are brighter and last a long time. 1000bulbs.com has some good buys. 

I upgraded all of mine with cool white leds at $14 a kit u cant go wrong and looks 100000 times better then those plug in led tubes. Takes maybe 15 min to install

TKK, where did you get your kits from?  Between my AMS, USI, and BevMax machines, I need a lot of different sizes so I'm just trying to decide where to buy from.

Thanks!

Kevin

I have found that the LED tubes from D&S Vending are bright, reasonably priced, and you don't need the green "starter" that the ones from VE require. Although not required, I eliminate the ballast to protect from future failure or interference. Just clip the ballast, remove, and splice the 2 remaining wires together. Leave the starter sockwt empty. I cover the empty starter socket with black duct tape.

• 4 years later...

I got some direct replacement LED bulbs from a local lighting company, and they aren't working. I've tried them with and without the starter. My next logical step would be to try removing the ballast, but I tried that on a machine that had no light at all, and I think I mis-wired it. Any recommendations on how to figure out wiring for a machine with only black wires? It's really hard to tell which wire goes to what when they're not marked white and balck and green.

And for those machines I have not removed the ballast on, do les anyone know if vending machines are just wired differently from regular flourescent fixtures these bulbs are designed for?

Edited by AnytimeVendors

On 8/8/2015 at 6:04 PM, lacanteen said:

I have found that the LED tubes from D&S Vending are bright, reasonably priced, and you don't need the green "starter" that the ones from VE require. Although not required, I eliminate the ballast to protect from future failure or interference. Just clip the ballast, remove, and splice the 2 remaining wires together. Leave the starter sockwt empty. I cover the empty starter socket with black duct tape.

THe LEDS from VE haven't used the green starter for a few years...

Ive been using TOGGLED LED bulbs, they come in sizes from 1ft to 4ft and are high output direct wire (bypass the ballast as the bulbs take from 110-270 volts). They look great and come with a 5 year commercial warranty  and lifetime for residential use. Make sure to get the high output , cool white bulbs though they look way better and only a few extra bucks. The 4ft bulbs are like $15 a piece and the smaller ones are like $12.