Vendall versa vend machines

jameyh

On 7/22/2021 at 5:54 PM, Steep said:

Hey guys! I found this forum to try and find out what size gumball does the VersaVend do dispense? Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

A Versavend should be able to run 1080 count through the candy drum, though you'll want to adjust it more "open" so it doesn't jam. I don't think you can run 850 count (1") through one of these without it jamming.

• 1 year later...

I just got one of these machines today for $6. The cast metal handle is broken. I disassembled it and ordered a new (used) handle on-line. The inside was a bit funky like it used to dispense French Burned Peanuts or something irregular in shape and sticky. 

Once I have the new handle on, I will place this at the Santa Cruz Humane Society, a no kill shelter in Nogales, AZ. Any proceeds will go to the shelter.

My question is: What product is best dispensed in this Vendall machine? Preferably something that won't jam it up and break the handle again. Lastly, it there anything else I should know, I am not a for-business vendor. 

Thanks,

Steve Tyminski

22 hours ago, Xoloski said:

I just got one of these machines today for $6. The cast metal handle is broken. I disassembled it and ordered a new (used) handle on-line. The inside was a bit funky like it used to dispense French Burned Peanuts or something irregular in shape and sticky. 

Once I have the new handle on, I will place this at the Santa Cruz Humane Society, a no kill shelter in Nogales, AZ. Any proceeds will go to the shelter.

My question is: What product is best dispensed in this Vendall machine? Preferably something that won't jam it up and break the handle again. Lastly, it there anything else I should know, I am not a for-business vendor. 

Thanks,

Steve Tyminski

These machines vend pan candies such as skittles, m&ms, Reece's Pieces etc... . It is very difficult to make much of a profit when you only have one machine so I would suggest looking for close out candy at big box stores. Gumballs are you best profit item but based on past posts here they may have jamming issues. You can look for chicle gum or mini gumballs if you want to vend a gum item. As far as what else you should know....you have bought a low quality vending machine for $6 so be prepared for it to have issues. Make sure you clean it and test it thoroughly before putting it into service because the last thing you want is to have a complaint generator in the place that you're trying to help. That said, good luck with it and hopefully you can make a few dollars for a good cause.