USI CB700 Drink Machine- Has anyone used these? What are they like

ozvendor

Has anyone used the USI CB700 Drink machines?

I'm currently looking at upgrading the drink machine at one of my larger accounts to something with a larger capacity whilst maintaining a good variety of drinks and was leaning towards the CB700, 12 selections and a capacity of approx 700 cans looks really appealing.

I've never used USI drink machines before so I was hoping for some feedback from anyone who has experience with operating these before I take the plunge and purchase one.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

They are good machines and handle cans or 20 oz bottles well.  The weakest point is the locking mechanism, especially the cage nut and bracket.  The door is the heaviest in the business and you have to be careful not to slam the door or you can bend the cage nut bracket and cross-thread the nut.  The bracket bends back easily and the sign of it being bent is when you can't turn the stud more than 1/2 turn before it binds up.  The best way to close the door is slowly and carefully to avoid problems.

I currently have one of these Monster sized machines and it has provided me with pretty good service thus far. I agree with the points made by AZ about the door and I have been lucky not to experience this issue. The machine has 14 columns inside so dont allow the programming to throw you off because it goes by columns and not switch selections.

Personally I enjoy and get good service out of most of the usi drink machines but the serpentine racks can be a PITA when changing out selections on some of the other models which does not include the cb700.

The serpentine design is only on the older models and it definitely isn't a very efficient design but the machines have been working for years. I actually like USI machines but I agree that the USI drink machines are inferior to Dixie, Royal, and Vendo, but some people treat USI's as if they are Seaga machines and that's just not true.

When I buy drink machines, I avoid USI's for several reasons but I'll buy them on location if necessary. For snack machines though.. The older 3015 USI's and newer models (F80 board or newer) are good machines.

I would prefer a Vendo 721 (not a 720) but a cb-700 would be fine.

Archived