Dixie Narco 501t - Use correct change

Stengel

I work at the location where my Dn 501t is located. Came in this morning and it is flashing 0.00 and saying use correct change. It wont accept any money. It just spits straight down to the coin return chute. Can anyone tell me what is going on? Im guessing that there is a board or coin mech out, but being optimistic that it could be something simple.

Well, the first thing you need to do is make sure the coin mech is plugged in and see if you can dispense change (if you know how). I'd just bring another coin mech if I were you. It probably needs a trc-6000 or another 110v mech

This is my second vending machine (one snack and one soda) and i don't have spare parts at this point. i don't mind buying parts if needed or there is a high probability of being needed. I don't think the dba is active right now either, which would mean that the coin mech is most likely the problem correct?

Should i just replace the coin mech with the same exact one? or is there a better one to use?

You can use the same model but I prefer the trc-6000.

If the validator is off too and the machine won't take change, it's either a coin mech (most-likely), the board (not very likely), a bad harness or unplugged coin mech (unlikely). Checking the plugs is the easiest and cheapest thing though. But yeah, if it's a 501t, you could just get a trc-6000 and probably be back in business quick.

Ok. i will check the plugs just to be sure. but i think this location is prone to electrical outages and i think it just burnt something up.

where is a good place to get a new coin mech? I have tried to buy things from AZvendor a couple times but i never get a response from his email.

Thanks for the help

First of all are you sure it is a 501T? I don't think they would display a "0.00" as they are single price machines. If it is a different model and shows the "0.00" Then your prices are set to "0.00". It will probably vend for free. It does. It need to accept any money so it will not

First of all are you sure it is a 501T? I don't think they would display a "0.00" as they are single price machines. If it is a different model and shows the "0.00" Then your prices are set to "0.00". It will probably vend for free. It does. It need to accept any money so it will not

I have several multiprice 501T's with SII boards in them. They were clearly made single and multiprice.

On a related note, I also have multiprice 414's, 368's, and even a singleprice 501E.

My 501T is just a generic cold drink machine.

I switched it to mdb coin mech, along with putting a vn 2512 dba in it, has a SD-II board in it, allowing me to do it.

Try changing out coin mech like AngryChris said.

cajun

This is my second vending machine (one snack and one soda) and i don't have spare parts at this point. i don't mind buying parts if needed or there is a high probability of being needed. I don't think the dba is active right now either, which would mean that the coin mech is most likely the problem correct?

Should i just replace the coin mech with the same exact one? or is there a better one to use?

This sounds like a bad coin mech - the Dba will never work unless it has a working coin mech attached.  Refurbished coin mechs do not cost a lot and you should always carry a spare (saves a lot of time).  The only spare parts you should consider carrying would be the spare coin mech and a spare validator - ideally both machines could use the same model.  This all depends upon the voltage your machines are using - older snack machines almost always use 120v mechs and validators while most of your soda machines tend to use 24v equipment so you will probably find yourself carrying a couple mechs and a couple validators.  All of the other parts are just too random to even consider stocking.  I've had good luck with the Mei TRC 6000 coin mechs but have been told the Coinco makes the best mechs but you will always want an Mei validator instead of the Coinco equivalents.

thank you guys for the help.

so at lunch i tested a few things that were stated earlier.

i can get into the service mode and do a coin dump of all three types of coins.

i unplugged the bill validator just to make sure it wasnt messing something up. nothing changed.

the lights do come on where you put the dollar bills in acting like it is connected. but the validator never accepted dollars to begin with as that was the first thing i was going to replace.

i found a replacement mei trc 6000 locally for 85 dollars. is that a decent price from a local company? tested and cleaned.

at this point it almost has to be the coin mech since the main board is letting me get into service mode and do things with right? im going to buy the coin mech either way, but i want to cover my bases as the company is a few miles away and if i need to buy other parts i would like to do it at the same time. 

thank you guys for the help.

so at lunch i tested a few things that were stated earlier.

i can get into the service mode and do a coin dump of all three types of coins.

i unplugged the bill validator just to make sure it wasnt messing something up. nothing changed.

the lights do come on where you put the dollar bills in acting like it is connected. but the validator never accepted dollars to begin with as that was the first thing i was going to replace.

i found a replacement mei trc 6000 locally for 85 dollars. is that a decent price from a local company? tested and cleaned.

at this point it almost has to be the coin mech since the main board is letting me get into service mode and do things with right? im going to buy the coin mech either way, but i want to cover my bases as the company is a few miles away and if i need to buy other parts i would like to do it at the same time. 

You'll find that your sales will increase dramatically if you install a good validator - use an Mei 2500 series and make sure you get the one for your voltage (120v = Mei Vn2511, 24v = Mei VN2512).  85 bucks is a little steep for most coin mech swaps - there a a lot of places that do them for 69 bucks.

i am actively looking for a bill val but with the different types and voltages i have been worried about what to replace it with and what adapters, if any, are needed. if someone told me the best one to get and what i needed to do i would do it right now.

how do i tell what voltage it is? i work in the location and do about 150-160 a week in soda without a bill acceptor.

the current validator in there is a USA-15 if that helps at all

i am actively looking for a bill val but with the different types and voltages i have been worried about what to replace it with and what adapters, if any, are needed. if someone told me the best one to get and what i needed to do i would do it right now.

how do i tell what voltage it is? i work in the location and do about 150-160 a week in soda without a bill acceptor.

You'll really need to tell us what validator is in there now before we advise you regarding a proper replacement.  There should be a label on the side of your current validator which will tell you what it is.  You will probably need an 11/32 socket or nut driver to pull it out so you can read the label but since it's shot anyway that should be no big deal.

The prices are set as they are intended to be. .75 cents each.

i edited my last post to include that the DBA is a USA-15 if that is what you are looking for moondog

That's what is referred to as a paper weight and it should have been dumped long ago.  If it's a multiprice soda machine you'll probably be looking at a 24v validator and my preference is the VN2512 and you may need to get the proper harness as well.  AZ is the best guy to consult about this if you can reach him.

yea. its a piece of crap. that being said, i contacted AZ via email and never heard from him. i just want to get everything up and running as soon as possible. 

is there a way to find out if it is 24 volt? i can bring in a multi meter if i need to. 

That's what is referred to as a paper weight and it should have been dumped long ago.  If it's a multiprice soda machine you'll probably be looking at a 24v validator and my preference is the VN2512 and you may need to get the proper harness as well.  AZ is the best guy to consult about this if you can reach him.

You are correct about the USA-15, but I used to use them for trot line weights. The replacement payment system will depend on the electronics, which I suspest is either MPC or VS Controls. The MPC was pretty much 110VAC and VSC could be anything. A direct replacement for USA-15 Would be MEI VN2501, but with the appropriate harness to match the electronics. When removing the USA-15 remove the supply harness for it also as it will plug into the MEI but the pin-outs are different and will ruin the MEI. Can we get a picture of the electronics setup?

It's a mpc according to the model number. Mpc-8

Is there a way to put pictures up besides signing up for a picture hosting website?

MPC means dedicated 110VAC. As far as your changer is concerned, the good news is that 110VAC 12 pin dumb mechs are a dime a dozen. MEI TRC-6000 or Coinco 9300L will suit your changer needs. As for bill acceptors, you'll need to find the harness made for the MPC. The bad news is, the MPC was Dixies first attempt at multipricing and it did not last long. There are no work arounds if the board fries.

You should be able to easily confirm the changer model number. While I'm not in the business to sell parts, I will say that I haven't needed to have any changers of this type repaired since I have a steady supply from upgrading electronics in other machines. Let me know if you need help locating a changer.

oh boy. this just sounds better and better.

So what you're saying is that i need to buy a mei trc-6000 and it will basically plug right in and be good to go right?

then a secondary problem is finding the right bill acceptor at this point as i am the personal bank at this company that has a drawer full of change.

but the suggestion would be to buy a MEI VN2501 and the appropriate harness correct?

Archived