Dixie Narco 501t - Use correct change

Stengel

$85 is steep for "tested and cleaned/working" if you ask me. You can get a refurbished unit for not much more. However, the faster you can get the machine up, the less profit you'll lose. If you can get the mech really soon, $85 isn't bad.

$85 is steep for "tested and cleaned/working" if you ask me. You can get a refurbished unit for not much more. However, the faster you can get the machine up, the less profit you'll lose. If you can get the mech really soon, $85 isn't bad.

Not the best, but if readily available OK. Make sure to unplug the machine before working on payment systems.  I see you are in Ohio. D&S Vending in Cleveland is reliable. You can email me at:  drvend@att.net

85 dollars later and we are back in business. thanks for the help. everything seems to be working fine now. is there a way i can prevent this from happening in the future? i know it could have just been the coin mechs "time to go" but i do think this building is prone to power outages. would a surge protector be my only means of protection, if any?

85 dollars later and we are back in business. thanks for the help. everything seems to be working fine now. is there a way i can prevent this from happening in the future? i know it could have just been the coin mechs "time to go" but i do think this building is prone to power outages. would a surge protector be my only means of protection, if any?

Get the old one fixed and keep it for a spare.

Generally, a surge protector can help prevent a major problem but I don't think it's going to prevent normal wear on your mech or any other parts. Mechs go out, that's why many of us are familiar with the symptoms of a bad coin mech and why many of us carry spares.

Not the best, but if readily available OK. Make sure to unplug the machine before working on payment systems. I see you are in Ohio. D&S Vending in Cleveland is reliable. You can email me at: drvend@att.net

Are you talking about me? I'm not the one with the problem lol.

i just sent a guy out to get it so i can put it in today. i figured it was worth it to get it back running.

also, is 45 dollars to have my old coinco mech fixed a decent price?

Yes, $45 is pretty common as a base price. It's usually $45 + additional parts (things that aren't normally included in the repair). On average, I probably pay $50 for most coin mech repairs.

i will be getting the old one fixed for a spare as i think its the same one as my snack machine as well.

ill add a surge protector just to make myself feel better as they are pretty cheap.

again, thank you guys.

Just keep in mind to check your surge protector should the machine stop working. Some machines have them hardwired into the electrical cords and you'll lose your mind trying to figure out why the machine won't power on until you realize the surge protector needs to be reset.

Don't put a surge protector on a refrigerated machine.  The current draw of the compressor will wreak havok with it.  It's normal for coin mechs to need to be repaired or replaced so don't worry about them failing constantly.

Archived